Strange faucet leak

700 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 1208HawkTree
1208HawkTree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Delta two-handle faucet. Turn on the cold water only, water seeps out from under the hot handle then the faucet spits for a second as though there is air trapped. Only faucet in the house that does that.

I know delta has a lifetime warranty, but I have lots of seats and springs, if that is the culprit. Just confused by the seeping under the opposite handle that's off.
tgivaughn
AG
Almost same thing here but the most used, old faucet CW side leaks a tiny bit when it's on, not the HW side like yours. Mine are segregated but if they were joined by a base plate, that base leak could easily flow hidden over to the other side.

Pretty sure they need a plumber (me tired of doing this tedious work + shopping the parts) to change those old guts/cartridges.
IMHO and am sticking to it
dubi
AG
1208HawkTree said:

Delta two-handle faucet. Turn on the cold water only, water seeps out from under the hot handle then the faucet spits for a second as though there is air trapped. Only faucet in the house that does that.

I know delta has a lifetime warranty, but I have lots of seats and springs, if that is the culprit. Just confused by the seeping under the opposite handle that's off.
I'd take a short video and fill out the warranty claim on delta's website.

We had a high end Moen kitchen faucet that dripped constantly. They sent us parts twice, then mailed me a $500 replacement.
1208HawkTree
AG
Already done, parts on the way. They have replaced our kitchen faucet and hand shower in the master bath previously. Their customer service has always been very good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.