Frozen A/C lines

834 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Animal Eight 84
dgb99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got back from Yell Practice and the VRBO we're staying at in Anderson was at 81 degrees on the thermostat inside.

Walked around outside and the AC lines and at least part of the compressor was covered in ice.

I have turned the system from 'cool' to 'off' and the fan from 'auto' to 'on'. Ice is slowly melting. Not likely going to have anything fixed tonight (or even tomorrow) but is there anything else I could do besides calling the owner/host first thing in the morning?

I did notice when we got here this afternoon, there was a very slow drip from one of the overflow pipes from the attic.
sts7049
AG
see if the filters are plugged
dgb99
AG
I'm an idiot…I did the right thing with the thermostat but never bothered to check if there was actually any airflow from the vents with the fan on. I'll chalk that up to not being in the right state of mind at 2am after a long day.

Called the owner and I needed to flip the breakers to reset the fan to get it to actually run.
dgb99
AG
And thanks! Checking the filter at the return helped me realize no/little air in means no air out. The return actually did have some airflow (not sure why since the fan was definitely off) but it was low enough for me to get on a chair to check the vents up close.
tgivaughn
AG
Good post as a FYI for all should the future bring such bad luck to them.

At first read, was suspecting - low on Freon/Puron, as we once had ... except for the drip mentioned.
IMHO and am sticking to it
Animal Eight 84
AG
Deleted
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.