Affordable outside Bluetooth speakers

1,418 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ME85
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wanting to hang a few speakers on the outside and inside of our shop.

What are the best options?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Do you want them all to play together, the same music at the same time? Or just a bunch of individual speakers? Ones that work together are much more expensive.
Silvy
AG
Something like this would probably suit you well, you'd just need to find a set of indoor/outdoor speakers you like.

Under my porch I have a couple of Skar Indoor/Outdoor speakers and a cheap Pyle BT receiver. The receiver doesn't put out enough power to run the speakers above half volume, but even at half volume, it's much too loud to carry on a conversation. I'd recommend the Skar speakers, but they appear to have been discontinued.
StillNotAnAggie
What about something like this?
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24760
agnerd
AG
Best option is to wire all the speakers to a central receiver with a few zones and distribute music from there.
Sazerac
AG
Sonos makes a plug in wireless speaker that syncs together. Not technically outdoor rated but my neighbor has them under a patio. They aren't cheap but they are very good and you get the whole Sonos ecosystem which is very easy to use with your phone.
Sazerac
AG
Another option are a couple of these
https://www.costco.com/ion-audio-pathfinder-320-all-weather-speaker.product.100981279.html

They can also sync together. 24 hrs on a charge or leave plugged in. Easy to move around. Neighbor has these and they can get really loud. Perfect for a shop IMO.
AgsMnn
AG
Appreciate the responses.

I do want the speakers connected. Also want them to connect to the TV.

Would getting a sound bar work?
tgivaughn
AG
You're gonna laugh but OK, am not in the biz and make do.
"Weatherproof" 18v Ryobi radios offer bluetooth and works well.

Do more than one syc to the source? IDK
Otherwise, more than one makes for great sound on the deck playing in FM/AM for those infrequent gatherings.

You said ... CHEAP

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Cordless-Compact-Radio-with-Bluetooth-Wireless-Technology-Tool-Only-P742/205754091?g_store=&source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&&mtc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D25T-025_009_PORT_POWER-NA-Ryobi-NA-Smart-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-PortablePower_Smart&cm_mmc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D25T-025_009_PORT_POWER-NA-Ryobi-NA-Smart-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-PortablePower_Smart-71700000084736779-58700007165824627-92700065193741267&gclid=CjwKCAjwpqCZBhAbEiwAa7pXeT9w7Iz6y5u7b7bOWZ6CLDfhsbcb3Ejs7nslSGZHbIrYHuoTsN5-ixoC1qUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
IMHO and am sticking to it
ME85
AG
sound bar is going to be regulated to the tv
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.