We'll tank relieve valve leaking

573 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pressure showing around 55 psi for a 100 psi valve setup. I have water dripping out of the bottom pretty consistently.

Should I be doing something here mitigate this, or instal a new lever valve?
jtp01
AG
Probably easiest thing to do is adjust your pressure switch down some to start. If it's tops leaking you are good. If not, replace your relief valve.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
That's the current pressure. You should never have anything close to 100. 40/60 cutoff switch.

And no, does the well come on when you hit 40psi? And shut off when you hit 60psi? If so, I wouldn't touch jack freakin crap
Over that little drip.
Whoop Delecto
AG
ForeverAg
AG
WhoopRAB said:

I wouldn't bother as stated above. I had a tank that leaked for a while and l screwed a barb fitting in the hole where your drip is and ran a small plastic hose (size of a straw or smaller dia) into an empty milk gallon jug.

If your pressure tank doesn't have a air bladder, add air to tank every 2-3 years to prevent well short cycling.

How can I check to see if it has an air bladder? This is all new to me.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
ForeverAg said:

WhoopRAB said:

I wouldn't bother as stated above. I had a tank that leaked for a while and l screwed a barb fitting in the hole where your drip is and ran a small plastic hose (size of a straw or smaller dia) into an empty milk gallon jug.

If your pressure tank doesn't have a air bladder, add air to tank every 2-3 years to prevent well short cycling.

How can I check to see if it has an air bladder? This is all new to me.

You don't have an air bladder. You have a Penn air control valve on it. That's the gray thing. This doodad is what allows air into your tank so you maintain an air cavity in which to buffer the pressure. If you're short cycling, then you could be waterlogged and there is a way to fix that as well. If you had a bladder tank, ther would be a valve stem on top of the tank somewhere that looks like what you air your car tires up with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.