Toilet Question

955 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 87IE
EVA3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm installing a toilet. Calls for distance from wall to bolts of 12", but mine is actually more like 11". Is that a problem, or is that just the width or the molding, etc.?

Thanks!
Mathguy64
AG
Dry fit it on the bolts without a wax ring. See if you have clearance for the tank and lid.
Frisco
AG
Emphasis on the lid.
Texker
AG
Side note: Use one of these or an equivalent instead of the standard wax ring.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidmaster-Better-Than-Wax-Universal-Wax-Free-Toilet-Seal-7530P24/205762183
SKU# 205762183

JP76
12 inches from the finished wall material. Not from the baseboard.

What type of toilet was there before ?

How old was it ?

If the distance is too small the lid won't sit all the way down on the top of the tank. In theory a 12 inch rough in leaves ~1 inch of gap between the back of tank lid to the finished wall so if you are 11 you may be able to make it work depending on the toilet. There is also a little variance on setting the bowl so make sure it is cheated all the wall forward on the flange. Also when setting the tank there is some variance but sometimes if you cheat the tank too far forward the toilet seat will have issues staying up.

They also make a 10 inch rough in toilet if your 12 toilet wont work. I would dry fit it all with the tank on and make sure the lid will clear the finished wall and sit correctly on the tank before setting the bowl with wax.
87IE
AG
They also sell off-set flanges that will move it further away from the wall..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.