Metroplex: Gutter Covers

1,024 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lotsofhp
aviationag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a recommendation for a gutter 'cover' company. I'm going to bite the bullet and gt them but would prefer a recommendation from TexAgs....
planoaggie123
AG
Not sure of your age / desire / income / etc....however....i can just recommend considering a DIY project...I put in gutter guards last summer and just spent a few hours a day on the weekends over a few weeks. The only thing I did not do was the very highest points of our second story but that line is largely above tree lines so I plan to just handle that if / when we get a new roof some day.

I am not super handy but a few tools, a bit of determination and a few inevitable cuts on your hands and you will ultimately save likely $1,000+

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gutter-Guard-by-Gutterglove-4-ft-L-x-5-in-W-Stainless-Steel-Micro-Mesh-Gutter-Guard-20-Pack-THD80/300276095
mosdefn14
AG
Can't speak to covers specifically, but I called Leaf Guard for a quote earlier this year. They won't give a ballpark over the phone, require an on site visit. I worked from home at the time, no big deal.

3200sf ranch style...Bid was something like $34k after "discounts". Could have saved himself a few hours by telling me to add an extra 0 to whatever I thought it would be.

Half of the sales pitch was poopooing the various covers.
planoaggie123
AG
Ok...so change my "save likely $1,000" to "save likely $30,000"....WOW....
Dr. Venkman
AG
mosdefn14 said:

Can't speak to covers specifically, but I called Leaf Guard for a quote earlier this year. They won't give a ballpark over the phone, require an on site visit. I worked from home at the time, no big deal.

3200sf ranch style...Bid was something like $34k after "discounts". Could have saved himself a few hours by telling me to add an extra 0 to whatever I thought it would be.

Do they have some patent on their style (one piece that utilizes liquid adhesion)?

I feel like theirs is better than the crap mesh systems, but how has someone else not come in and undercut them out of business? They're like the YETI of gutters.
planoaggie123
AG
Dr. Venkman said:

Do they have some patent on their style (one piece that utilizes liquid adhesion)?

I feel like theirs is better than the crap mesh systems, but how has someone else not come in and undercut them out of business? They're like the YETI of gutters.

To be fair, I am only 1 year / 1 fall season in but mine (mesh) did a great job. I was a bit worried about leaves getting "hung" on the mesh and starting to pile up but I had none of that. This was my first fall where I did not have to clean out gutters and it was awesome. I did go around with a ladder just to check on them and see no issues yet.

Just posting to state that I I am not sure the mesh is necessarily "crap" as long as you get a decent brand and install them correctly....
JBLHAG03
AG
I have a 3000 sf 1 story and this guy charged $1,500. Much better than expected. He was recommended elsewhere on here.

http://www.dfwgutterinstallation.com/
Gary79Ag
AG
mosdefn14 said:

LOL, when I saw their leaf guard ad on TV and they mentioned special financing, I knew right then and there that was not an option! Holy Moley...that's highway robbery!
aka The Lavaca County Legend
lotsofhp
AG
I did a roof for a lady after a hail storm and her bid to replace just the caps on her leaf guard gutters all the way around her house was more than the roof. I can't believe there are so many of them out there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.