Covered Patio

4,956 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JR Ewing
Post removed:
by user
aggiecody06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How big and through who? We just had a 275ish sq ft built for about 25k gabled with 6 lights, 4 outlets, and 2 fans. Full cedar wrapped beams through Magnolia Patio Covers
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Dimensions would help here.
Post removed:
by user
aggie_wes
AG
I think 35k is pretty reasonable on this market.
Post removed:
by user
aggiecody06
Yes we did have some issues with them just throwing the lumber all over and slinging dirt everywhere but I addressed it immediately and made them aware that was not acceptable.
aggiecody06
txag2008
AG
https://texags.com/forums/61/topics/3097157
hillcountryag86
AG
Panther Creek Construction in Prosper. Great people. Owner is an Aggie. Very honest. Been in construction over 30 yrs. Work all over DFW.
tgivaughn
AG
2018 prices for covered pergola, then pour flatwork in/around it will be less costly with greater aesthetics, no need to connect to house ...

BTW, how old is your pergola to be demolished? Pics of it?

IMHO and am sticking to it
Silvertaps
AG
The total for ours was $60k…but that included removing a column, installing outdoor kitchen, stamped concrete, firepit, 2 ceiling heaters, ceiling fan, and the griddle/pellet grill.

Our yard was tore up pretty bad, but they put sod in for no charge. Giving the yard a chance for now, but considering turf. I'm in the Prosper/Celina area, so let me know if you need a recommendation.
*Before and after are attached

JR Ewing
AG
Ours was $65K...
JR Ewing
AG

M.C. Swag
AG
Ours was 75k (including the cost of premium appliances). 700+sq ft of concrete and covered patio with 7 ft wide fireplace. Completed in Summer 2021.

Killin Me Smalls
AG
Texas Outdoor Oasis did ours. Lots of demo. Lots of concrete. Don't have exact sq. ft. handy. ~$95k

txag2008
AG
That looks great. I'm guessing it wasn't done in the last 1-2yrs?? That seems like definitely more than a $95k job right now
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Completed about 2 months ago.
Greener Acres
AG
No thoughts on the cost, but I would offer this. After spending money on a pool addition and cleaning up our back patio to complement, I don't regret much of the money spent on the patio improvements after 18 months. With a nice addition like some of these previous posters have added, you will use it so much. You'll keep the yard and patio looking nice and it'll draw you out. So if you do it, get a good fan, consider patio heaters (high quality mounted ones), and get some comfortable furniture (doesn't have to be expensive).

If you are staying in the house, make your yard a place you'll want to enjoy. It is amazing how many days of tolerable outdoor weather we really have in the DFW area.
aggieactor01
AG
We're having similar done, though not attached to the house, for a fairly similar cost.

Not to highjack the thread, but any recs on heaters/fans from those who have posted? I also see some have string lights. Are those in addition to can style lights in the ceiling? If so what's the thought process there?
Killin Me Smalls
AG
aggieactor01 said:

We're having similar done, though not attached to the house, for a fairly similar cost.

Not to highjack the thread, but any recs on heaters/fans from those who have posted? I also see some have string lights. Are those in addition to can style lights in the ceiling? If so what's the thought process there?

We went with this fan: http://www.montecarlofans.com/51317/Maverick-70---Brushed-Steel-w-Dark-Walnut-Blades-3MAVR70BS.html

Looks great. Pushes decent air. I will likely put an Oscillating fan out there as well.

Lighting: we have low-voltage LEDs built into counter, fireplace, and columns. Those are sufficient most of the time. The string lights are great for ambiance when additional lighting is needed. I'm guessing we will hardly use the can lights.
aggieactor01
AG
Thank you!
JR Ewing
AG
Kichler 300285DBK Gentry XL 85"... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J5SXC4T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Like this fan...did a 6ft downrod...

We also did string lights around the pool and attached with hook along our trees.

cena05
AG
Any of y'all ever seen a company that can build out a waterproof deck above a patio. I have a wooded deck above my patio that is just 2x6s and water seeps through. I'd like to replace the deck with a solid structure that does not allow water below and have the ability to put a fan and recessed lights etc. A spiral staircase may be nice as well.

Most contractors I see do the house add-ons or pergolas, but haven't seen many second floor walk out covered patios if that makes sense. TIA
txag2008
AG
Start at the 11min mark.
Spaceship
AG
This is super helpful - thanks everyone. For those of you who recently completed a new patio, any lessons learned or things you'd change? I'm about to embark on one.
TexasStone
Love seeing the different covered patios and learning about price/builders

Please keep these coming if you have one and are willing to share
The Pilot
AG
How did the op remove the post?
KDubAg
AG
What are some good outdoor mounted heaters you all have? I have one, but doesn't seem to put out much when it's cold.
Mookie
AG
I just installed the same fan in a different finish. Surprised at how much air it moves. Like it a lot.
aggieactor01
AG
KDubAg said:

What are some good outdoor mounted heaters you all have? I have one, but doesn't seem to put out much when it's cold.
Curious about this as well.
ChoppinDs40
AG
aggieactor01 said:

KDubAg said:

Curious about this as well.
I've got 2x 3000w electric heaters from infratech... they just take off the cold... definitely don't keep it "warm".

if you want real time legit heat... you've gotta get natural gas ones and those run $2-3k a piece. My advice, get a couple of the propane mobile ones and move those around. Or get plastic (clear plastic like restaurants) and cover your openings then use a firepit/electric heaters or even a shop heater with LP).
Aggietaco
AG
cena05 said:

Any of y'all ever seen a company that can build out a waterproof deck above a patio. I have a wooded deck above my patio that is just 2x6s and water seeps through. I'd like to replace the deck with a solid structure that does not allow water below and have the ability to put a fan and recessed lights etc. A spiral staircase may be nice as well.

Most contractors I see do the house add-ons or pergolas, but haven't seen many second floor walk out covered patios if that makes sense. TIA
You may be able to have someone install a sub-roof below your deck. You can use corrugated roofing with a slope to a gutter to move the water where you want it to go. This would likely be cheaper than building a new waterproof structure.
Greener Acres
AG
We used the Bromic Smart-Heat Tungsten Electric 4000W Radiant Patio Heater and my neighbor uses the 6000W version. Both provide enough heat to take the chill off during early spring and late fall. But we also use it when we get out of the hot tub as a warm place to dry off.
JR Ewing
AG
Spaceship said:

This is super helpful - thanks everyone. For those of you who recently completed a new patio, any lessons learned or things you'd change? I'm about to embark on one.

I'd run more electrical outlets than you think you'll need. We were proactive in adding ones to the outside corners outside the screened in area, but I'd probably have added a couple more inside the screened in area for additional fans or heaters. Instead, we drilled out access to the exterior ones as a quick fix.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.