Kitchen Remodel Order

7,254 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by rme
rme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75" is plenty big, looked smaller in the pic. That 36" sink will be nice. We did a 32" single, I didn't even think about a larger one....next time.
planoaggie123
AG
Honestly 32" would have been fine and plenty big....we just happen to have a 36" wide opening and after looking at the specs, etc the larger sink just made things easier...was a bit more but nothing crazy....
planoaggie123
AG
Question....what is the best way to "seal off" my downdraft vent but not making it unreasonable to re-connect should a future homeowner want to resurrect?

I am thinking cut the tubing and just nail down some sort of material over the hole but curious if there is a best practice....

planoaggie123
AG
Another picture update. Painting largely done and sinks are in.

planoaggie123
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Question....what is the best way to "seal off" my downdraft vent but not making it unreasonable to re-connect should a future homeowner want to resurrect?

I am thinking cut the tubing and just nail down some sort of material over the hole but curious if there is a best practice....

Bumping to see if I can get traction on this and how to seal off. It's thicker than I expected and I don't have a lot of great cutting tools.
1988PA-Aggie
Hacksaw perhaps? Awkward location/work, will take a while. Sawzall? If old piping, its thick and snips would be tough.

Then to seal off but not permanently, cut pipe to about 1 1/2" off floor, then make a small wood/plywood 'box' with a top and four sides to fit over the whole thing, then screw it down to the floor of the cabinet. Seal with a caulk if needed to keep anything form crawling in?

That's all I got...
planoaggie123
AG
The location is awkward and it definitely seems to thick for any sort of tin snips.

I may just look into some way of leaving that pipe, covering the top with a thin metal and caulk/glue and seal it in. I can probably also do something to the exterior vent to seal off a bit as well....feel like two small seals should be enough to keep rodents out but also make it relatively easy to "reverse" should that be desired in the future.
planoaggie123
AG
Duct cap was the answer.

planoaggie123
AG
Was just told our cooktop and two ovens are in.....will be almost exactly 8 months from ordering.

We can now proceed with countertops (templating tomorrow) and slowly start returning to a more normal kitchen setup.

Ice maker is scheduled for next month.

Dishwasher is September 2022

Fridge was pushed to October 2022....that will be 13 months from ordering assuming it even holds.
lurker76
Goodness gracious, that is discouraging. Good luck on holding the updated schedules.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Good on you for waiting for what you wanted. Holy Spirit must have dropped a big ole dab of patience on your household.
planoaggie123
AG
Couple new pictures.

Lost a little patience. Cancelled Bosch dishwasher and went with what we could find in stock.

Counters in. Ovens in. Faucets in. Lights in.

Kitchen just missing fridge (and panels), backsplash install this week, cooktop install next week, and need to add panel to dishwasher.

Bar (not pictured) will be stained darker and pending ice maker.

spike427
AG
Wow, that's a great transformation!
rme
AG
Looks great!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.