Moen Shower Handle

873 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bald Eagle
mernaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We lost hot water in our Master Bathroom shower so I replaced the cartridge in the Moen handle without improvement in hot water. We had a plumber come out and look at it. He made an adjustment to the cartridge. We initially had hot water back, but now the shower goes from hot to cold to lukewarm and everywhere in between without adjusting the handle. And it no longer gets as hot as it did a week ago.

Plumber recommends replacing the cartridge again (says there may be "trash" in the line) or replacing the entire system with a Delta handle. Should I just replace the cartridge again and hope it fixes the issue or should we spend the estimated $1000 to replace the system?

Thanks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
03_Aggie
How much is the cartridge? Can you pull the old one and return it as defective and try a new one? I'd probably take one more crack at it before having it replaced.
cena05
AG
Following as my shower is literally 12 feet from my tankless water heater, but the water temp fluctuates from time to time.
mneisch
AG
Lifetime warranty on Moen products, and they actually back to up. I don't believe you even have to be the original owner. They've replaced several items for me in the past and it even covers the cartridges. I'd give them a call.
Bald Eagle
There is a balancing valve in between the hot and cold water. After the freeze this past winter I couldn't maintain hot water so I went on line and looked up hot water balance valve in shower and it explained how it works and how to clean debris out of it to get it working. If you are half handy you can do it. follow the directions and take your time. no problems since then and minimal cost. That little valve may have to be cleaned with emery cloth so it will move back and forth freely to work properly. It was a Moen setup. And if you call Moen they will give you free parts to fix it if you need any. Good product . Good company. Good luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.