Nice in attic - help

1,028 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Matsui
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've tried everything. Glue traps. Mounds of bait poison. Those little houses with the green poison in them they run thru.

My house backs up to an open field and there is development all around so I guess they are moving around.

What actually works to get rid of them. I've heard them the last couple of nights above my bedroom.

Mice!
Aggiehunter34
S
You will probably have to call an exterminator out to bait it up. They can be difficult to get rid of.

Or put a cat in the attic for a couple nights. JK
chickencoupe16
AG
It may be nice this time of year, but I'd still wait a month or two before choosing hangout in an attic.

I prefer the black plastic, resettable traps from Tomcat. And it's all about placement. If you can tell where their trails are, that is best. Either way, be sure to place them against a wall so that the jaws face a wall. Rodents will hug walls when they move because they feel safer. Also, use peanut butter in the little cup inside or the trigger.

As far as poison, the soft pack style works best. As they tend to be more appetizing. I don't know where you would buy it but if you can get FastDraw or Revolver from Liphatech, those are what I've had the best luck with. Just throw it into every nook and cranny of the attic.
planoaggie123
AG
I would recommend an expert personally.

Not only can they remove the current mice, they can likely help you figure out how they are getting in and fix that issue too.

We moved into a new home 2 years ago and almost immediately we were hearing animals running around in attic. Ended up being squirrels and we got them out and then sealed up some areas. Was short of a full month project (they set up some one-way only traps which we had to give time).

I think I know what to look for now for the most part and I have a few spots where animals are chewing so planning to cover those with metal in the near future.
Matsui
AG
Thank you all!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.