Pellet and Flat Top Grill recommendations?

1,864 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Silvertaps
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having an extended patio and outdoor kitchen installed next month and wanted to get recommendations on drop in Pellet and Flat Tops.
Obviously Traeger is the Pellet that comes to mind, but have also heard Memphis and Yoder are great as well.
Blackstone is the only brand I know on flattop (looking at the 2 burners).
BQRyno
AG
I love my mak grills 2 Star general, but it's not as well advertised in the bbq world.
03_Aggie
Silvertaps said:

Having an extended patio and outdoor kitchen installed next month and wanted to get recommendations on drop in Pellet and Flat Tops.
Obviously Traeger is the Pellet that comes to mind, but have also heard Memphis and Yoder are great as well.

If space isn't at a premium and the budget permits….bigger is better! 36" has four vertical burners vs H burners of the 28" inch.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
There were not too many drop in pellet grills on the market when I was looking a few months back. They were also from brands I was not familiar with and mucho expensive. My builder didn't recommend any of them. He also said they require so much air flow that a built in is difficult. Maybe things have changed, or maybe he was wrong. Just telling my experience.

Built in griddles are pretty much evo, blaze or le griddle. I have le griddle and used it for the first time today. Looks good. Hopefully it cooks good too. Too early to tell.
TXAGFAN
AG
Silvertaps said:

Pitts and Spitts for built in, don't waste your time with Traegar or Yoder.
Aggiehunter34
S
We put in a commercial grade countertop griddle like they use in restaurants. We had the mason build to the exact specs and we didnt put the legs on the griddle so the top is even with the countertop surface outside of the splash guard that goes around the griddle. It was well worth the money! We absolutely love it. I also have a green mountain grill and we went with that one because it has a wood burning pizza attachment that you can get and make some amazing pizzas.

We ordered our griddle from Katom Restaurant Supply. We have a 36" and highly recommend if you have the space. It is nice to be able to cook 3 different things at different temps or just have a warm spot to move stuff over to it as needed, like when cooking hibachi. We have natural gas so that may be something to look at as well.
https://www.katom.com/

I believe this is the one we got or very similar. We have had it going on 2 years. I think it was the actual Katom brand, but this is the closest one to it.
https://www.katom.com/895-GR36.html

Caliber
AG
If you're going drop in on the pellet grill, Memphis. Has a much sharper look to go in with a drop in. Temperature range is awesome on the high end for pizzas and does as good a job as any pellet grill on smoking and better than most for grilling.
Silvertaps
AG
Aggiehunter34 said:

We put in a commercial grade countertop griddle like they use in restaurants. We had the mason build to the exact specs and we didnt put the legs on the griddle so the top is even with the countertop surface outside of the splash guard that goes around the griddle. It was well worth the money! We absolutely love it. I also have a green mountain grill and we went with that one because it has a wood burning pizza attachment that you can get and make some amazing pizzas.

We ordered our griddle from Katom Restaurant Supply. We have a 36" and highly recommend if you have the space. It is nice to be able to cook 3 different things at different temps or just have a warm spot to move stuff over to it as needed, like when cooking hibachi. We have natural gas so that may be something to look at as well.
https://www.katom.com/

I believe this is the one we got or very similar. We have had it going on 2 years. I think it was the actual Katom brand, but this is the closest one to it.
https://www.katom.com/895-GR36.html

Wow! That is a serious griddle! Holds up in weather I assume?
aezmvp
Do at least the 3 burner flat top. Temperature control and shift from one side to the other is much more difficult in the 2 burner.
sanitariex
AG
I just put in a Blaze griddle on ours, can't offer much as I've only used it twice while I'm finishing the rest of the build, but so far I really like it. I also have a blackstone 36". The main differences is you can tell then build quality of the blaze is just better, thicker steel for the flat top. It takes a lot longer to get up to temp but it holds it well past the cook. I need to continue using it before I feel comfortable. Only downside is it's 30" and only two burners and the blackstone being 36" with 4 burners.
Silvertaps
AG
Brad06ag said:

If you're going drop in on the pellet grill, Memphis. Has a much sharper look to go in with a drop in. Temperature range is awesome on the high end for pizzas and does as good a job as any pellet grill on smoking and better than most for grilling.
Which model do you have? (I see they have 3 drop ins).
Caliber
AG
My dad has one of the drop-ins at his place in port oconnor, It is an elite model but it is one of the older pre-wifi models. I also have a cart version of the pro, again pre-wifi.
Silvertaps
AG
Thoughts on Coyote Pellets Grills? They don't currently have wifi. Is that a deal breaker for those of you that have Pellet grills with WiFi?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.