Front door hardware

1,014 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PincheDriller
MTTANK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My front door is a dark brown color and faces the sun the majority of the day. When I built the house a few years ago it came with ORB hardware on it. About two years ago I bought new antique bronze hardware for it, and it looked great. Fast forward to today and it looks terrible, did not hold its finish at all. Am I stuck going with nickel, or does anyone know of a brand or style that keeps it finish better? Antique bronze looked the best and matched the house IMO. TIA
RushHour
Can you share a photo?
Whitetail
AG
We put in the Schlage bronze door knobs and deadbolt with keypad 3 years ago. They are showing signs of wear.
MTTANK
AG
Sure, I will try and take a picture tom. I did some research and looks like kwikset will warranty the finish, so might just go that route and stay with antique brass. I prefer schlage, but thats whats on it right now and it did not last.
ceenAg05
AG
I had Schlage at my previous house and they replaced it for free due to the finish wearing off. Maybe that warranty has changed, but you might want to check.
barnacle bob
AG
I like EMTEK.
KDubAg
AG
Don't have anything to add except don't spray it with Lysol. I messed up our Schlage antique bronze WiFi door hardware trying to be proactive with disinfecting stuff.

Try adding some WD40 on a rag and wipe it. It may bring a little shine to it for a few months. Then reapply.
PincheDriller
AG
Clean with damp soapy rag. Olive oil on a microfiber rag to bring back finish. Don't over do it with oil, the finish will return.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.