Drilling a Residential Well

1,142 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bald Eagle
scottimus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got back some quotes about drilling a residential well to 400ft costing $20k.

I'm in Brazos County by the river and just wanted to water my pasture a little more. For $20k, I am thinking of buying the drilling materials myself.

Anybody have any recommendations for drilling your own well? I can't seem to find any equipment to rent to do it. I am 300 yards off the river. I could be wrong, but I am thinking 100ft, and I will hit water. This wouldn't be for human consumption, strictly watering the grass.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Just make sure you get a permit.
jtp01
AG
That is CHEAP. I drilled right at 400' and pump, pipe, vfd control box all in all done was 30k that was also 2 years ago. If you could contract it for 20k you should sign that proposal tomorrow!
cavscout96
AG
If you can get water at 100 why drill to 400'

drred4
My goodness, by who? So in 10 years it has gone from 6k to 20k. Mine was about 250ft.
southernboy1
AG
You will more than likely hit water before 100' being that close to the river. Everything depends on how much water you want. I'm sure the table fluctuates do deeper is better. So when I was up there I did some work for a guy off of old reliance. He built a frame about 10' high and put a Briggs and Stratton 5 hp engine on it. Made his own bit and drilled. I was in awe. I told him it would never go through the ground. It did.
Bald Eagle
since you mentioned buying the equipment and putting together you own drilling rig...I have a Mayhew 200 drilling rig that can be mounted on a trailer or truck. It needs so e repairs and parts but if you are handy you can do it. I bought three of these rigs and we made one into a trailer mounted unit that I donated to our church and we shipped it to Honduras to drills for the poor country folks down there. Sold one to a water well company and they truck mounted it for small wells. The rig I donated to the church was used to drill a 365' well before we sent it down to Honduras. and it would go a lot deeper. I sent 500' of drill stem with it. It has been drilling down there for at least 1 years now. This last one has been setting here because I am getting to old to fool with it. If interested give 713-539-6169 . Will sell it cheap.
Bald Eagle
Or trade for ....what do you have?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.