Swimming pool and pool deck remodel plus adding a spa

1,444 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Corps_Ag12
Na Zdraví 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our pool is 20 years old. Needs replastering and tile needs to be cleaned. I'm tired of cool deck and it doesn't last. Wife also wants to add some more concrete decking and a spa with waterfall in to the pool.

Got a bid for replaster, stamped overlay instead of cool deck, clean tile, additional concrete with overlay and adding a fire pit. I can handle all the costs except for the addition of the spa! Wow!

$41,500 just to add the spa and waterfall!!!! Seems really high.

Has anyone ever used Premier Pools and Spas? I would like to get another bid for this. Any suggestions in the Bastrop county area?
The Collective
AG
You are getting hit with minimums to get the various contractors to the jobsite, I think. Unfortunately, spas get significantly more expensive when not accompanied by a 80k pool project.
2wealfth Man
AG
Your timing is tough right now. Shortages of everything from labor to plastics (PVC). Neighbors just finished a pool that was started in February. I think I would wait it out a bit if it were me.
agracer
AG
Is your current pump/pool water system capable of handling a new spa or did that price include a bunch of new piping , pump, controller, wiring (power and control) that's got to be buried around the existing pool? What has to be modified on the existing pool to make this waterfall work?

I'd can see what you think might cost $15k adding up a lot not to mention shortages of parts and labor. The contractor may not want to do it simply bc his time is more valuable in something larger of which there is no shortage of demand right now.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Note, I am a pool contractor so all comments are my opinions and are not meant to disparage

Premier is a franchise group, I would avoid them. I'm sure some are good but I'd rather have a builder who built their own brand.

I would not trust an overlay product. In my opinion you either do it right or don't do it at all. The only exception is removing kool deck and re-installing it on existing & new concrete. An overlay will inevitably come up off the concrete (like your kool deck is probably doing) and look terrible. Especially if there's another hard freeze after it's installed.

Yes, adding a spa is expensive. You've got to get an excavation crew, rebar crew, plumbing crew, gunite crew, stone facing (since it sounds like it's raised), tile, and coping. Add to that running the 3 lines to the equipment, rebuild the manifold, add 3 way cables, add air blower, probably replace the pump with a higher flow rate, and even possibly an automation system. If you didn't have a spa before it's possible they quoted adding one. Also, did you already have a heater? If not you're buying one of those too.

Lots of things to consider when remodeling a pool. Happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Snipes
AG
I have a 5yr old Kool deck around my pool with 5-10 rust spots where the crappie concrete installer didn't cover the rebar all the way. What other decking options do I have aside from sealing the exposed rebar and repainting?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Snipes said:

I have a 5yr old Kool deck around my pool with 5-10 rust spots where the crappie concrete installer didn't cover the rebar all the way. What other decking options do I have aside from sealing the exposed rebar and repainting?

To do it right I'd tear it up and start over. Or grind down the rebar & epoxy the exposed ends then redo the kool deck
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.