New Home Builders Warranty Repairs

1,054 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
PincheDriller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wanted to ask what items you have or typically have asked to be repaired under builders home warranty.

Items I have requested.

Deflection Pops
Roof Items - Shingles Damaged or Cracked
Wiring off or wrong
AC issues

Any others or what you have asked to be fixed.
fka ftc
When did you buy the house?

Builders in Texas primarily offer 1:2:10 warranty. 1 year workmanship / finishes. So "deflection" pops (assume you mean nail pops in sheetrock) would be under 1-year.

Wiring and AC should be under 2 years depending on what the actual issue is.

Singles should have a manufacturers warranty. Again, depending on age of house.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
PincheDriller
AG
Our house (Highland Home) was built last year with close in Aug 2020 when warranty started. So closing up on warranty for workmanship.

Reason I was wondering. Is so I could get nail pops and slab deflections and caulking done around areas where separation has occurred
fka ftc
For A/C issues and shingles, I would report to their warranty dept. Unsure what the wiring issue is. If emergency, report to warranty. If not, cover in 1 year walkthrough. See below.

Most builders, and I would be surprised if HIghland did not do this, will schedule a 1-year walkthrough to address items covered under 1-year workmanship. You warranty docs from closing should have list of covered items. Call your sales person or the area sales manager for your community and inquire on the walkthrough.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Picard
AG
There's no penalty for reporting things that aren't covered under the warranty. So report everything in writing and then pester the ever-living crap out of them until the issues are fixed or they prove it's a non-warranty item.

And I'm speaking from experience here.
Picard
AG
Also don't "request" anything. "Demand" or "mandate" are the words we're looking for here.
Garrelli 5000
AG
We closed our Huntington (Highhland) almost 2 years ago. Theys till come out to look at things when we've asked. I thought they said during closing however that caulk lines from settlement weren't covered. It wouldn't surprise me however if they still come do the touch up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.