New Build - cost per sf in BCS

1,559 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiejumper
EvenPar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not looking for an exact number but more of just an estimated range to expect in the BCS market.

Already own the land. One story 4,000-4,500sf home. Aerobic Septic. 3 Car garage. Average rectangular pool/hottub near the back of the home. No crazy dirt work or other infrastructure. I realize there will be allowances for some categories, and plans will be provided to the builder.
10andBOUNCE
AG
We are midway through our build on land south of Fort Worth. Looks like we will end up somewhere in the $170-$180/ sq foot range, not including land cost. House is about half as big as yours. This includes buying lumber at pretty much an all time high. Includes our own well and septic system as well. I imagine this is probably the lower end of what to expect on a custom build.
aggiepaintrain
AG
$1m
FJB
aggiejumper
AG
$1.2-$1.5mm depending on finishes, porches, outdoor kitchen, etc
Howdy Dammit
AG
Minimum 250 a foot
evan_aggie
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

Minimum 250 a foot

Is this inclusive of builder fees?

I just had a guy swing by my home and say his builds are running about $190-$200/ft (Central Austin) and then add on his +$20% builder fee.

I appreciated the straight forward info.
aggiejumper
AG
Find out what's included in that number and what level of finishes.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Yes. That includes the fees
evan_aggie
AG
aggiejumper said:

Find out what's included in that number and what level of finishes.

Yeah, everyone will say a different story.

One builder told us everything they are doing right now is running $275+/ft and in the same breath he tells me the appliance package for the kitchen was $45,000 and the had (his other company) custom cabinetry in the bathrooms and kitchens as well.

He is doing a lot of central Austin builds, and I'm guessing not everyone is choosing vinyl floors.

aggiejumper
AG
The appliance package is correct is you spec out 60" range, full size fridge and full freezer, vent hood, $2k dishwasher, etc.

Cabinetry can push north of $75k on full custom and can blow past $100k with glass, lighting, fancier pulls, etc
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.