Interior Decorator Houston Recs?

962 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sea Speed
TombstoneTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

My wife would like to hire an interior decorator to help her with a few rooms in our new house. It seems like all of the companies that offer interior decorating want to do all of the shopping for you and then sell you the complete room.

We're looking more for guidance and consultation than complete turnkey decorating - as some of the rooms are odd shapes/sizes and the open floor plan makes furniture placement/sizing difficult. Someone to work with instead of do all of it for us.

It looks like the way to go for us is an individual running their own business offering what we are looking for, but it's hard to find them online. Anyone use someone like this for their home and have a recommendation?

I did find an Aggie online that is highly rated: https://www.sarahsinteriors.com/ Anyone work with Sarah before?

Edit: Cross posted to Houston forum.
V8Aggie
AG
Thoughts and prayers. Get ready to spend a minimum of $20k on drapes and all the other **** she wants.
TombstoneTex
AG
haha we have a budget and Mrs. HYC AG is funding the purchases so I can't complain too much!
TexAg2001
AG
Interested in this as well. Unfortunately, my wife and I have very little sense of design. We need someone that can help layout a room, ie, put a sofa this size here, a table this size here, layout color schemes, etc, but then want to purchase everything on our own. I recognize this is where designers make a lot of their profit, but I'm willing to pay a higher design fee to then make my own purchases. I feel like I'd come out ahead financially.

Our main living/kitchen/dining area is a very open floor plan, so it makes it hard to layout everything. I love open concept, but it seems hard to define areas/"rooms" without walls.
V8Aggie
AG
Let me find the info for the lady my wife used. She was nice and really helped take the burden off of my wife but worked with what she wanted. Also helped out where we just had no clue what would look right.
V8Aggie
AG
Carrie Davies
Owner/Designer, Decorating Den Interiors

281-719-0741 | 936-443-6441 | cdavies@decoratingden.com
www.carriedavies.com
Sea Speed
AG

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.