What is causing this? Re: water

1,445 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BCSWguru
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?

There is a shower and sink on the interior wall opposite this. What do I need to look for to find source of water?
YellAg2004
AG
First guess would be leaking shower pan
akaggie05
AG
Assuming you don't have any obvious leaks from the from the sink supply or drain lines, the shower pan and/or waterproofing behind the shower in general is a likely culprit. Very common for shower pans / waterproofing to not be done properly by builders.
BCSWguru
Thank you!
Billy Baroo
AG
Likely the shower pan, but my secondary drain line for the ac pan comes out of the soffit right above my ac condenser so might be worth a look above there (fingers crossed it's that rather than the shower/sink).
BCSWguru
Billy Baroo said:

Likely the shower pan, but my secondary drain line for the ac pan comes out of the soffit right above my ac condenser so might be worth a look above there (fingers crossed it's that rather than the shower/sink).

I really hope it's not AC related. Just had it replaced a year ago.
AgLA06
AG
LSCSN said:

Billy Baroo said:

I'd check their first in the attic to see if a pvc drain lie was bumped loose.
akaggie05
AG
LSCSN said:

Billy Baroo said:

You will wish it were AC related if it ends up being the shower pan or backer board waterproofing. I've been through this 2x recently. T&P.
YellAg2004
AG
Yep, disconnected or clogged AC drain line is fixed in minutes. Shower pan and/or waterproofing issue is a shower gut and re-do.
evestor1
Had something similar happen before.

For me it was a shower drain line that had direct contact with a stud. It has worn the PVC and created a hole over time.

Took a few tries to find it bc the shower had to be draining for it to leak.
BCSWguru
Thanks for all of the input. The shower is a real piece of crap, putting it nicely. It needs gutted and replaced from start to finish. Ugh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.