Crown Molding in office with different colors

1,040 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dubi
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This isn't my picture but pretty similar situation. In our office, I have green built-ins with crown molding. Looking to add crown molding to the rest of the office. The rest of the crown molding is white, how would you handle the corner with the built-ins? For some reason, the example from the picture looks odd to me, but maybe it's just me.
TexAg1987
#1 - n/m

#2 - I get what they were after, a Green accent wall. I think you could go either way. What color is the ceiling? What color is the molding?

Another idea would be to 'end' the crown molding at the book case by using corner blocks. Giving you a more natural place to change colors.

The Pilot
AG
No wallpaper on the ceiling. I like the block idea. Our shelves are dark green, ceiling and molding are two shades of white.
TexAg1987
Take a picture and see if you can upload it into a paint visualizer.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer#/active
[url=https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer#/active][/url]
See if it will let you make the paint color change that you are thinking about.

The Pilot
AG
I have the ceiling paint too. Wife seems to be under the impression that the molding can be a different color, I'm not going to fight that battle.
TexAg1987
In my house the walls are a medium /dark Grey, the ceiling is a light Grey, and the crown molding is bright white.

Three colors. I think it looks nice
Sea Speed
AG
Painted ceilings
dubi
AG
TexAg1987 said:

In my house the walls are a medium /dark Grey, the ceiling is a light Grey, and the crown molding is bright white.

Three colors. I think it looks nice
Pic please?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.