Formica Solid Surface Counters

1,258 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GrimesCoAg95
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about using this Everform Solid Surface Formica material in some of our bathrooms, laundry and pantry for cheaper alternatives to stone and quartz.

https://www.formica.com/en-us/campaigns/specialty-collection-2021/everform-solid-surface

Curious if anyone had any personal experience with it. TIA

Sea Speed
AG
I haven't but would you be happy with it? It cost less than a grand for a 10 foot quartz prefab countertop with installation at my house. Can it really be much less than that? Hell you can probably get some pieces thst will fit at a place that has scrap.
TMoney2007
AG
Sea Speed said:

I haven't but would you be happy with it? It cost less than a grand for a 10 foot quartz prefab countertop with installation at my house. Can it really be much less than that? Hell you can probably get some pieces thst will fit at a place that has scrap.
Its significantly cheaper than that, even with an edge profile. I got like 24 linear feet for $1200 and it looks as good as cheap builder grade granite. I installed it myself.
Sea Speed
AG
I guess I just have no interest in cheap builder grade look. If this is for a rental though, anything goes.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Again, I'm taking about laundry and pantry. Not kitchen and master bath.
Sea Speed
AG
I understand. Personally, if i was redoing things like that I wouldn't want a cheap builder grade look. Especially not in any bathrooms. Wife wouldn't be ok with that in the laundry. I reckon its nbd in the pantry, but it would still bother me if it looked like an apartment. We all have different opinions and like different things and that's ok. The above just happens to be mine. Do what is best for you and screw what anyone else thinks.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
It is a good material. It will hold up fine, and it is a good material for your specified use. This is a solid surface that is less popular than quartz, but these new colors look similar to quartz, I used entry-level quartz in the laundry just because my countertop vendor only does quartz and granite.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.