Water softeners (salt)

703 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those with a water softener in their home, how much salt would you estimate you go through each month? I feel like I'm needing to fill mine way too often. I purchased the home with the system already installed and I can't find the manual anywhere to see if there's any guidance about this kind of thing. My next step is to call the company, Aramendia, and see if they can send someone out to take a look.
jel_2002
AG
Maybe one 25 lb bag a month. Check your hardness settings on the unit.
Picard
AG
2 bags per month

City water combined with gas water heaters gives my wife an infinite supply of hot water for ridiculously long showers.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
If you're in Houston, they just doubled the water rate.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Picard said:

2 bags per month

City water combined with gas water heaters gives my wife an infinite supply of hot water for ridiculously long showers.

Tell her you want 1 minute of happy fun time for every 1 minute of hot shower time.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
I average 20-25 lbs per month in San Antonio. It sounds like your system is not dialed in. Is it a demand type or a timed regen system? Take a photo of the timer/valve on top and we can probably get you to the right place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.