anyone in the BCS area sharpen jointer/planer blades?

922 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by one MEEN Ag
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Got a jointer off CL and I need to sharpen the blades... anyone in BCS able to sharpen 6 inch blades and make them perfectly straight?
sleepybeagle
AG
Bump

MarylandAG
What kind of jointer? Brand? Model?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Plenty of videos on YouTube to DIY.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
agrams
AG
quick Google and I found Concentric Saw &Tool out near easterwood. give them a quick call.

or call aggieland knife sharpening. if they can't do it they can probably give you names of businesses/people who can.
MarylandAG
Why not just buy new blades? 6 in a common size, depends on your model and style of blade. You can probably get them from Grizzly, heck even Amazon probably has them, or post on one of the woodworking forums and you can get pointed in the right direction. If we knew what kind of jointer you bought, would be easier to help you find blades. Jointer blades are not the expensive, just my opinion.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Two real options here:

Buy new blades as they are like $20 on amazon.

Invest $150 in blade sharpening whetstones. Learn to sharpen it yourself on youtube.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.