Break Panel Upgrade

935 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mosdefn14
junior200414
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had a local electrician come out to quote upgrading our breaker panel and service from 100A to 200A. The house is a 1 story with easy attic access above the panel located in the garage. Overhead lines coming into the house right above the service panel/breaker panel, so pretty easy accessibility. Electrician quoted $2400 for upgrading the whole thing. Does this sound reasonable to upgrade from 100A to 200A service and panel? I do plan to eventually get additional quotes, just wanted to see if that was even close to normal.

Thanks
87IE
AG
A lot depends on what is involved.

Does your main panel supply a sub panel ?
If not how many new breakers is he replacing?

Are you adding circuits?

Do you know what your city charges to pull a permit?

All those things add up.

It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
Post removed:
by user
junior200414
AG
Yes, current main is providing a sub panel (workshop) on a 60A circuit. He isn't quoting for any additional circuits or breakers, though I may have him add a 220V near the panel for future welder/etc.

Not sure about permits since I am not in city.
mosdefn14
AG
I had a quote earlier this year for $2500 or so to upgrade 1 panel/2 sub panels (40 years of add ons) into 1 new 200 amp panel. Also this would have ran a new dedicated circuit for a secondary fridge, added a generator inlet & interlock, and surge protection.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.