Palm Tree Pruning

1,310 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maverick12
maverick12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for recommendations for a couple of Medjool palms I need to get pruned. I'm located in Sugar Land. I've done the pruning in the past, but they are getting a little out of my comfort zone. Thanks!
sleepybeagle
AG
Bump!

Potcake
AG
Can't help with your question but do you like the Medjools? We had two 15-16' silver date palms that didn't survive February. We have ordered two Medjools to replace them.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
maverick12 said:

I'm looking for recommendations for a couple of Medjool palms I need to get pruned. I'm located in Sugar Land. I've done the pruning in the past, but they are getting a little out of my comfort zone. Thanks!
If it's a issue of height, you may want to look at one of these long boys:

I'm thinking of buying one, but not for palms.

30' Pole Saw

But, the thing looks to be aluminum, so if there are power lines anywhere around, don't use it!
Whoop Delecto
AG
Whoop Delecto
AG
Martin Cash
AG
Best way to prune a palm tree is about 12 inches below ground level.
maverick12
AG
Potcake said:

Can't help with your question but do you like the Medjools? We had two 15-16' silver date palms that didn't survive February. We have ordered two Medjools to replace them.

Ours are actually Silver Medjools. It has been a while, so I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought they were a hybrid Medjool. They may be the same as you are replacing though. Regardless, i was happy how they came through the cold snap. Our low here was around 10 and the fronds died back but they started sprouting new green fronds relatively soon. We bought from Palm Trees of Houston.

http://palmtreesofhouston.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.