Two Drawer Dishwahers?

1,190 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FIDO 03
Dr.Rumack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts?

Looking to get something new under $2k. Currently looking at Godeckers for decent deal. Hear they are tax-free and no delivery charge. Obviously I can install myself. Hilarious that these fools got talked into a Viking dishwasher when redoing the kitchen ten years ago.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I like them, and the ability to run two cycles at the same time. My drawback is their internal dimensions are limited on washing larger boiling pots and serving platters. Some full size dishwashers offer an option where you can run just a top/bottom rack wash.
IslandAg76
AG
My wife is a fan of Fisher-Paykel. One drawer on each side of the sink, elevated so doesn't have to bend over as much. (We're getting old)
lb3
AG
Great for bachelors. Eat out of one and load the other.
Spore Ag
We had the Fisher Pykel for like 15 years. I loved it but we did find it was getting difficult to get repairs and parts in our area. Wife said time for a door variety,
Dr.Rumack
Gonna by the old lady a Fischer Paykel right now. ETA? Anybody use Goedecker's? Or just go through Lowe's/Best Buy?
longeryak
We hated our two drawer F&P. It was a terrible dishwasher.. Now have a Bosch 800.
OnlyForNow
AG
My inlaws have it.

stacked. I think it's sucks and am not a fan. It's extra deep (height) but you still lose lots of space and things end up getting stacked on top of each other and not getting very clean.

Bosch or Kitchen Aid.

Top of the line Bosch doesn't have drying element. Top of the line KA does.
FIDO 03
AG
IslandAg76 said:

My wife is a fan of Fisher-Paykel. One drawer on each side of the sink, elevated so doesn't have to bend over as much. (We're getting old)
We have the Fisher-Paykel stacked. If I was remodeling my kitchen, I would do this with the single but deep drawer on each side of the sink.

Pros: I like being able to run each drawer separately. The rack allows for loading many plates (narrow slots).
Cons: Don't feel like the racks are economical for cups/glass if you also have other things to wash. Kind of wish they had an accessory rack you could buy so it's not the same rack configuration for both top and bottom drawer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.