Pool Lighting Question

1,686 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agchino
AgTDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed yesterday that the lamp was out in our pool fixture. In searching for a replacement I've noticed that there are several LED replacement options which allow different color selections via remote.

On Amazon these fixtures seem to run around $100 and are brands that no one has ever heard of (seemingly chinese junk) although they seem to have decent reviews. The Pentair version through Leslie's looks like it runs about $400.

Has anyone purchased one of the Amazon replacements and have any feedback?
Absolute
AG
I have one. Would have to look up the brand. But it was from Amazon. It has been fine.
Todd05
AG
I just installed a 15W led replacement bulb in the spa of my pool this afternoon. I'm waiting to see if there are any leaks right now. It was $50 or $60 on Amazon and doesn't require a controller. I did have to return the first one because it didn't even turn on
Absolute
AG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TZPKZZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_c9IO42NYqqVRU

This is the one I purchased from Amazon. Has worked fine.
AgTDub
AG
Good deal, that's the one I was looking at.
Todd05
AG
Here is the one I installed. Nothing special but it is cheaper since it doesnt need a remote. You just use the power switch to change the color. Working great for a whole day so far
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYXJZTG

Texker
AG
Our LED pool light went out last year and haven't replaced it due to the cost.
ChessieHuntingAg
AG
I have noticed reviews on Amazon usually occur within the first few weeks of the purchase, so naturally people are still satisfied with the purchase because there hasnt been enough time for any failures yet. My experience is buy cheap and enjoy it for a short time before it starts giving you problems.
cevans_40
AG
I had a Pentair brand and it was junk. No idea about the Amazon ones. Luckily ours was still under warranty.
justsomeguy
AG
I have a Hayward color logic led light that is glowing red but turns on with the hot tub light and works for 8 seconds. After 8 seconds, the pool light just glows red and the hot tub light continues to change colors. New light is $700 just for the light. I was told I can't just put in any light as the control board the lights go to on the Hayward EC4 has to have a led bulb capable of the same light show or something. Any ideas?
agchino
AG
You may have a component on the control board inside the light going out. Could be a loose connection for just that light, though. Ought to be some wire nuts in a transformer somewhere near your controller
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.