Home Depot Installation Services

863 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by c-jags
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used Home Depot for remodeling/installation services? I'm looking at putting new counters/sinks in 3 bathrooms and laying wood-like ceramic tile through the kitchen, bathrooms, & sun room.

Also, does anyone have any feedback on wood-like ceramic tile versus wood vinyl/laminate?>
LCE
AG
I did new flooring with them in SA about 6 years ago. HD hires out and not exactly HD employees doing the floor install. Took about 3 days and about a week later our front door was kicked in and jewelry etc was stolen. No proof but it had to be them.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I did new flooring with them in SA about 6 years ago. HD hires out and not exactly HD employees doing the floor install. Took about 3 days and about a week later our front door was kicked in and jewelry etc was stolen. No proof but it had to be them.
But did the floors look good?

Realistically, that could happen with any contractors you have working in your house.
AggieOO
biggest thing is that you have no one managing the overall project. The floor guys will sub out the floor to one company. The counters will be another order and sub that out to someone else. You basically need to act as the GC and make sure everything is scheduled. B/c the floor guys don't give a crap that your counters are on back order, or vice versa.

If you are ok with that, we've had a good experience with using HD/lowes for projects.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

biggest thing is that you have no one managing the overall project. The floor guys will sub out the floor to one company. The counters will be another order and sub that out to someone else. You basically need to act as the GC and make sure everything is scheduled. B/c the floor guys don't give a crap that your counters are on back order, or vice versa.

If you are ok with that, we've had a good experience with using HD/lowes for projects.
I plan on doing the counters first. Then once complete, starting the floors.
LCE
AG
They still look good and I got a new front door
htxag09
AG
LCE said:

They still look good and I got a new front door

From HD???
LCE
AG
Yep. I got played
RustyBoltz
AG
Recently had a souring experience with a HD supplied/recommended contractor for a WH replacement. They do not vet their contractors well and obviously if their GC were any good they would be thriving on their own reputation.
c-jags
AggieOO said:

We've used HD services for flooring 3 times and have always had a good experience with their crews.

They came in and cleaned up everything very well after themselves

Cant speak to the countertops, but I would rather go custom on that personally and we did for our remodel.

At the end of our remodel, we put carpet in the 3 untouched rooms with HD (due to costs) since they were a mess anyways and they were the most punctual and efficient crew I dealt with in the entire 6 month process.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.