Favorite tool under $10

8,375 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jcbaggie04
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe we can have other threads for $50, $100, etc. Feel free to say why you like it so much. Provide a link, etc. It doesn't have to be something fancy. But with Father's Day, etc., this could be a cool place to find stuff. Feel free to list several. I'll start.

Spring Counterpunch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006Q4I60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_QAADWEZQXX0XR4QQQFB7

Well, it's actually $11 now, but close enough.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I have a pair of XXL channel locks. They belonged to my old employer and were in my safety bag when they laid me off. F them.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
This is a tough one, so many good ones.

I'd have to say either my trusty tape measure, or a head lamp. I use both all the time.
cadetjay02
AG
Honestly, I don't know what I use on a regular basis that is under $10. I do like these Milwaukee Phillips head drivers though.

MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL 48-32-4564 Shockwave 3-1/2" Power Bit Phillips #2 5 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HPVXYK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VC8Q9XX7QHY1Q12KGK9B

Dill-Ag13
AG
Saved my ass many a time

https://www.lowes.com/pd/General-Tools-Instruments-Lighted-Mechanical-Pick-Up/3139045
ABATTBQ11
AG
HF grinder with 30% off coupon. Think it was just under $10+tax when I bought it many years ago. I've abused the **** out of it, and it still works well.
BrazosDog02
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I have a pair of XXL channel locks. They belonged to my old employer and were in my safety bag when they laid me off. F them.

I like you. Those bad boys were NOT under ten bucks.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Lennox 8-in-1 screw driver.
Ulrich
One of those ratcheting screwdrivers with interchangeable bits. it may have been 20 though.
Hwy30East
I would also say a Headlamp. I've been surprised at how often I've grabbed that when I've needed some light.
ratfacemcdougal
A mini bar. I have given out many of these and everybody loves them. I seem to use this for almost any project I am doing and easily fits in my back pocket or tool pouch so it is handy when I need it.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-55-045-7-1-2-inch-Wonder/dp/B00002X1XS/ref=sr_1_31?dchild=1&keywords=Mini+Pry+Bar&qid=1613914435&sr=8-31
TexAggee05
AG

Flexible Bit Extender
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Looks great. Just ordered one. If this thread goes 4 pages it might get expensive.
Builder93
AG
Under $10?

Framing square
Utility knife

TXAG 05
AG
TexAggee05 said:

Flexible Bit Extender

This. That thing has saved my ass many times
texsn95
AG
Nice, just ordered one
94chem
There are a million examples, but a folding hex key set is a must-have for me. No way I'd ever keep up with individual allen wrenches.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Bird93
AG
Utility knife
Speed square
Torpedo Level
Voltage tester
Duct Tape
Electrical Tape
Nail punch
javajaws
AG
Vessel ball grip screwdrivers (some varieties available under $10).

Start a thread for $30 and under and I've got more to suggest...
KDubAg
AG
TexAggee05 said:

Flexible Bit Extender

Thanks a lot. Got it in my cart for my next order. This thread is a bad idea. Delete thread ban OP.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Handiest tool I own.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-3-in-Multi-Bit-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-68-010/100139004
h1ag
AG
Speed square
91AggieLawyer
AG

I use it all the time.
V8Aggie
AG
Pallet of tape measures bc your wife will lose EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.

Edit - crap just saw under $10
Bird93
AG
V8Aggie said:

<insert> Funny because it's true gif
94chem
Bird93 said:

V8Aggie said:

If I bought 500 pairs of scissors at Dollar Tree, I wouldn't be able to find one a week later.
94chem,
GrimesCoAg95
AG
It is $11, but it is a trim square. Like a speed square, but only 4.5 inches, so great for trim work.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-4-1-2-in-Trim-Square-MLSQ040/310363529
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mechanix DuraHide gloves. Well made and the mesh keeps my hands from sitting in a pool of sweat while changing oil or break pads in the dog days of summer.
UnderoosAg
AG
94chem said:

Bird93 said:

V8Aggie said:

If I bought 500 pairs of scissors at Dollar Tree, I wouldn't be able to find one a week later.

My GF's kids could lose a remote if it was the size of a rolloff dumpster. Picked up an old tennis racket at Goodwill and ziptied the remote to it. You kinda had to tuck the racket part under your arm and aim the handle at the TV. Magically, they never lost it again. I'm about ready to do the same thing with scissors.
94chem
UnderoosAg said:

94chem said:

Bird93 said:

V8Aggie said:

My GF's kids could lose a remote if it was the size of a rolloff dumpster. Picked up an old tennis racket at Goodwill and ziptied the remote to it. You kinda had to tuck the racket part under your arm and aim the handle at the TV. Magically, they never lost it again. I'm about ready to do the same thing with scissors.
Yep, one of my kids lost the Firestick remote, then proudly informed me that all I have to do is install the app on my phone, and I can use the phone for the remote. So I took his phone and thanked him for the new remote control.
94chem,
aTm2004
AG

If you're not sure what this is, have you ever tried to do something simple on a car and find those damn plastic rivets pushed in, so you go grab a flathead or pliers and end up destroying the rivet? This is the tool that is used to remove them so you're not wishing pain and/or death on the guy that created the stupid push rivet.
Desert Power
AG
aTm2004 said:

If you're not sure what this is, have you ever tried to do something simple on a car and find those damn plastic rivets pushed in, so you go grab a flathead or pliers and end up destroying the rivet? This is the tool that is used to remove them so you're not wishing pain and/or death on the guy that created the stupid push rivet.
What's this tool called? I've messed up many a rivet
chickencoupe16
AG
ONE-TWO-- said:

aTm2004 said:

What's this tool called? I've messed up many a rivet

It has a few names but Google "plastic rivet removal tool" and that'll bring it up.
Whoop Delecto
AG
sleepybeagle
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.