Lumber Prices

26,884 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 95richmondaggie95
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JP76 said:

1/2 osb still $49.50

I pad $23 two weeks ago in Denver area.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
62strat said:

JP76 said:

1/2 osb still $49.50

I pad $23 two weeks ago in Denver area.

25 at McCoy's in New Braunfels and 17.50 at at Lowe's in Round rock. As of yesterday anyway.
https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
evan_aggie
AG
Hehand build costs maybe went down $5/ft for new construction.

Boat Shoes
AG
Anyone know the current price on ZipBoard? Falling with OSB or not moving yet?
toolshed
AG
4x8 wall is $58 for me at McCoys right now. I haven't tracked to know the trends.
hillcountryag86
AG
toolshed said:

4x8 wall is $58 for me at McCoys right now. I haven't tracked to know the trends.
That is way too high.
toolshed
AG
Ok. I don't buy it so it doesn't affect me. What's your price?

OSB has dropped to the $16-18 range between McCoys and Lowes locally. Radiant barrier is around $23 locally.

I imagine McCoys is still trying to offload their Zip bought at peak pricing. Or maybe Zip costs from the manufacturer are still high? I haven't asked specifically about the market conditions for Zipwall, again, because I rarely use it.
hillcountryag86
AG
I'm 27.79 on 7/16 Zip
toolshed
AG
I'm sure eventually McCoys will cave and sell at a loss like they had to other items bought high before the bottom fell out.
hillcountryag86
AG
Can't speak for McCoy's on strategy. They are a very good company. I realize there are retailers who may delay dropping prices when the market tanked.

I wonder if those same businesses delayed raising prices when the market was exploding up every day??
Boat Shoes
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Can't speak for McCoy's on strategy. They are a very good company. I realize there are retailers who may delay dropping prices when the market tanked.

I wonder if those same businesses delayed raising prices when the market was exploding up every day??

Do you feel the cash market has caught up to the $450-$500 futures market or do we have more softening in front of us at the lumber yards? We're pouring our foundation in the next month and I'm considering whether we pause for a month or two after that or move forward. Thanks!
hillcountryag86
AG
As toolshed pointed out, there are yards sitting on some high-priced inventory and they are reluctant to drop prices with the market. However, I think time is running out on them as yards can't hold out much longer and have to get in line with the market.

We are seeing bottoms in lumber and panels right now and there will be firming of prices, I think as people start buying.

I suggest getting a couple of bids. Let your supplier know you know what the market is doing.

Think starting framing in a few weeks and you should be ok.

If Covid shuts mills down, and interest rates stay where they are, could see a rise. Barring a catastrophe, don't think it will be like last year with unreal pricing.

If it helps, I waited to start my personal house until now. Who knows if I'm right. My original lumber pkg 18 months ago was $40,000. Went to $110,000 and is now around $62,000
95richmondaggie95
AG
Curious what size home you are building. I am building 3000 sf in Liberty Hill, TX. Trying to figure out what the lumber pack will be.
hillcountryag86
AG
3500 conditioned plus 1600 porches.
hillcountryag86
AG
Send me your takeoff. Cannot deliver to LH but can give you an idea of current pricing. Won't hurt and I'm not trying to get business
95richmondaggie95
AG
Sent u a pm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.