Wrought iron privacy fence?

1,398 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
Quito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just bought a house with a pool and need some privacy on about 50 feet of wrought iron fence line.

Any ideas?
V8Aggie
AG
First thing is do you have an HOA and are there restrictions on what you can plant, setback, etc...
Quito
AG
Yes, but we can have a privacy fence. Issue here is that there's a Wright iron fence in place that is fairly new.

It's a massive yard. Just want the privacy by the pool.

cadetjay02
AG
Get the black tennis court netting to cover it.
Quito
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Get the black tennis court netting to cover it.

I thought about that. How long does it last and is it easy to install.

Don't want anything "junky".
Gilligan
AG
You won't have privacy unless you go higher with the fence, but it looks like you live in a neighborhood. If you put up a privacy fence it becomes a subdivision.

Plant some ligustrum or red tip fontina and in a few years you can choose the height.

In the meantime no skinny dipping unless late at night with the lights off...
Gilligan
AG
I like your pool cover. Do you happen to know who made it?

We have a pool cover and it's great, but the squirrels have chewed a few holes in it and the manufacturer is out of business.
cadetjay02
AG
How long will it's last is an "that depends" question. If it's a good quality then it will last several years given the shade it gets. The other factor is the variable of extreme winds. If you're north or west exposed on a golf course then it might turn into a kite at some point. If it's protected somewhat by houses and trees then you should be good to go.
Install is easy with a bunch of heavy duty zip ties or even wire.
Quito
AG
We'll be at the house tomorrow for inspection. I'll get info on pool cover.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
There are two houses in my neighborhood who just installed wrought iron + wood privacy fence combos. They look pretty clean IMO.
Quito
AG
Meaning they had wood/composite installed between the wrought iron poles or some of the fence was all wood and some all iron?
Post removed:
by user
Quito
AG
third coast.. said:

OP if you take down that back fence and its in good condition id take it off your hands at a fair price as I need to replace about 75 or so feet of the exact same thing.

I live in Kansas City. I'd definitely save it, but you'd have to come get it.
Post removed:
by user
Quito
AG
Gilligan said:

I like your pool cover. Do you happen to know who made it?

We have a pool cover and it's great, but the squirrels have chewed a few holes in it and the manufacturer is out of business.

91AggieLawyer
AG
8 foot bushes or trees right next to the fence? Seems like the cheapest and easiest option. May even be the one with the most privacy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.