Stupid Question - Christmas Lights in Front Lawn Tree

1,592 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Quito
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kids want to put lights in our front tree this year.

Question...how do you run the cord to the tree in middle of lawn? Dig a mini trench in lawnn or is there some easier way? Mainly thinking about risk of lawn mower coming and chopping up cord.

Thanks!
YellAg2004
AG
Just lay it in the grass. If you need to mow, unplug and move out of the way, mow, and re-plug.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
YellAg2004 said:

Just lay it in the grass. If you need to mow, unplug and move out of the way, mow, and re-plug.
What he said. Extension cord across the yard. I usually zip-tie our cord around the trunk to get up to the light connection.
planoaggie123
AG
Ok. Sounds good. I will just unplug on my way to work when the lawn guys show up.
bam02
AG
Use a bright orange cord.
chickencoupe16
AG
I'm not at all suggesting it, but if you mow your grass tall enough, the mower would likely mow right over the top anyway. So in the event that you forget and they don't see it, you may be fine. And if you keep the grass short, then they'll be all the more likely to see it.
HalifaxAg
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Ok. Sounds good. I will just unplug on my way to work when the lawn guys show up.
Lawn guys are used to it...leave it alone and worry about something else
chick79
AG
Looks like you're in Plano. The grass is pretty much dormant now. Do you really need yard guys this time of year?
Quito
AG
I use those I shapedlandscape fabric stakes to secure the chord to the ground. Very easy and can mow over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.