Garage attic lift

2,450 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ravingfans
rrose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have an attic lift installed in their garage? Cost? Recommendations of installer in BCS area
bdgol07
AG
I don't have one but I did put a cheap pulley on the rafters above the stairs and with some $10 Home Depot rope special, I have my own little system. Not the safest in the slightest as I have to stand over the opening in order to lift if but if someone is looking to make something similar, hope this helps
howdydamnit04
AG
My old man and his handyman rigged up a pretty neat system using a winch and some garage door tracts mounted to the studs. Its strong enough that he rids it up and down pretty regularly when moving stuff around. I think it ended up costing $1500 with parts and labor, but labor was cheap and they did a lot of experimenting.
JP76
I've been a part of installing one like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JJ3DXTY/ref=psdcmw_3003669011_t1_B00G5POD7K

Between the lift cost, framing, trimming, painting, and electrician cost the final total cost gets up there

The framing is critical and must be perfectly square and level or the lift will have binding issues
ABATTBQ11
AG
CapeAggie89
AG
We had the below installed. I picked it because I liked the flush mount in the attic. It is also something that can be DIY'd if you are handy. We had a handyman friend do the installation and am satisfied with the final product.

All told about $2,750 installed.

We have a large attic and my wife loves to decorate for every holiday so we have a lot of stuff in the attic. Moving all that stuff up and down via ladder sucks. This is soooooo much better.

https://www.spaceliftproducts.com/
ravingfans
AG
I have a hole boxed out in my attic floor, and an eyehook that I run a rope through. I just haul things up by hand. I figure this way, I won't be tempted to put something massively heavy up there.

I have a boat wench that one day I might install and use to make it easier, but so far this has worked well for my needs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.