Pool Heater - Spa

1,279 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by planoaggie123
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So last night turned on our spa and had it in for 5 hours. Go to get in and it's ice cold.

This morning turned back on again and same issue. I went out back and it seems like heat is coming out from the unit and the jets are blowing as normal so not sure what could be happening.

Thoughts?
redag06
Heating the pool and not the spa?
cpscAG06
AG
Your switch valve seems to be broken and your returning the heated water to the pool
planoaggie123
AG
Ok. Will turn on again and check the pool jets.
planoaggie123
AG
Is this the valve?
agchino
AG
That's one of them, there should also be a suction valve going into the pump. It needs to suck from the spa and return to the spa, otherwise you are sucking cold water from the pool heating it a little, then putting into the spa and it's going to spill over back into the pool, never getting very warm
planoaggie123
AG
This must be my problem

planoaggie123
AG
Other valve actuators seems to work. Just not this one. Assuming I will need to replace. Don't see any obvious wire issues...
agchino
AG
Right you want it pointing 180 the other way. There should be a manual switch somewhere on the side, it might be Ina neutral position, yiy can try messing with the switch to get it to move. If you want your hot tub right now, you can unscrew the top knob a little bit and move the handle by hand.
agchino
AG
You also wnat your pool vac valve off too, so that water is only circulating through the spa in a closed loop.
planoaggie123
AG
Tried messing with switch and nothing worked. Not an urgent need. We have 10 days left on home warranty so will let them come fix.
planoaggie123
AG
Bumping own thread.

Another pool heater question.

So from my Jandy handheld I turn spa mode on (works fine), then turn on heater and nothing happens.

I can walk to the heater itself and flip the toggle switch and it will turn on and heat up.

What I have yet to do and may be an important part to this is to see if i can get the heater to turn on from my Jandy box (is issue with the handheld or the box).

I assume it is possible to replace any sort of broken individual sensors, etc on these things? Wouldnt require a re-do?
planoaggie123
AG
Apparently the toggle switch is supposed to be flipped to spa. I never paid attention where it was in the past. That seems to have resolved my issue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.