Question About Rose Bush/Crape Myrtle

1,004 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ftworthag02
Look Out Below
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm having some issues with my roses and a crape myrtle. Can anybody help identify what is going on?

Spore Ag
Is your crepe getting to much water from the house downspout?

Rose looks like a fungus
Look Out Below
AG
Downspout goes out to the driveway; doesn't really come down near the tree
Gric
AG
Any herbicides used on the lawn or surrounding area lately?
Look Out Below
AG
Just enough to get rid of the grass coming out of the rocks. The rose issues predated this though.
ftworthag02
AG
the crape myrtle looks like something was sprayed on it and the liquid ran to the leaf tips, sat there, and then the sun caused a burn. I wouldn't worry about the crape myrtle. I would recommend either doing a soil drench or foliar spray of systemic insecticide to treat the crape myrtle scale. Bio advanced has a good shrub/tree systemic insecticide. Crape myrtles biggest issues are crape myrtle scale, spittle bugs, powdery mildew, sooty mold. Here in DFW if we have a early hard freeze or just a hard winter, some varieties will have severe die back.
https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/crape-myrtle-diseases-insect-pests/

Re: rose pic, I assume you're talking about the 1 leaf spot on the leaf? That is just rose leaf spot and can be treated with a systemic fungicide. Leaf spot is more prevalent during wet, humid conditions. I don't know where you're located but keep an eye out for rose rosette virus. Here in DFW rosette virus has devastated roses.
https://neilsperry.com/notes/2018/04/rose-rosette-virus/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.