Shed Recommendations

1,886 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lexofer
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at redoing our garage, fresh paint, epoxy, and turning it into a kind of kids hangout area. Thus we needt o clear some room.

Don't need anything huge, but also don't want something cheap that isn't going to last.

Definitely not going to DIY, as I just don't have the time.

Front runner right now is this one:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Tuff-Shed-Installed-The-Tahoe-Series-Standard-Ranch-8-ft-x-10-ft-x-7-ft-10-in-Un-Painted-Wood-Storage-Building-Shed-8x10-SR-E1-NP/305605282

Could probably get away with something like this but concerned the plastic wouldn't last.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubbermaid-Big-Max-7-ft-x-7-ft-Storage-Shed-2035892/303473967

Secondly, any recommendations as how to approach the foundation? I don't particularly want to pour a slab, so thinking of constructing something with wood. We are in south Houston if that factors into recommendations.
Vernada
AG
I got a Tuff Shed installed four years ago and so far it's been great.

For foundation, they just installed it on top of bunch on cinder supports that were sunk into the ground. No issues there so far.

I did skip Home Depot and go through a Tuff Shed 'dealer' that carries the "Premier" line.

12x16 Painted "Premier Ranch" with anchors, ridge vent, 2qty 16x8 window, and 32' of 24" shelving

Just under $5k installed.
Jim01
AG
I looked at going direct though Tuff Shed but it's actually cheaper through Home Depot for this model.
Texker
AG
We have a relatively new Tuff Shed that the previous owners purchased. Ours has a window on one side. It's the first shed of this type we've owned. Definitely recommend one.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I think the warranty is better if you go direct.

I bought direct from them a few years ago, and it came with a 5 year warranty. And was about the same price as the HD version. Pretty sweet process, pick your shed and they come install it a couple weeks later. ready to go in about a day. Matched the paint to our house and the shingles.
AsburyAg
AG
Check out Ulrich. Our church bought one a few years ago and it's very nice. They deliver and setup.

www.ulrichbarns.com
justsomeguy
AG
Not to derail but most contractors would have certainly built you a custom shed on a slab for that price. I know it might take longer but I'd bet you could save an easy G
ABATTBQ11
AG
Good God those things are expensive
lexofer
AG
For a 12'x15' all steel shed except for plywood flooring this cost me $1,800. They will put it together for you for extra.

https://www.metaldepots.com/buildings/building-kits/backyard-series/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.