Sprinkler Valve Box locating or reliable sprinkler repair guy?

2,597 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiec05
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a line locator or cable locator in the Round Rock area that I can borrow for a day or two?

Otherwise, does anyone know of a reliable sprinkler repair company that doesn't charge an arm and a leg?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
TexDill15
AG
My Local ACE hardware has one you can rent. I'm in the DFW area though, you may call yours to see if they do the same thing.
Aggieangler93
AG
I called mine, and they do not rent them. I appreciate the idea though. Most rental places I have called around here don't have one, and the one that did, wanted $180 per day on it.

Edit to add...found a local yelp reviewed guy that has 5 stars. Looks like he can come out Wed. I am not normally one who pays someone to do simple stuff like this, as I enjoy working with my hands, but after 3 grueling weeks of wood privacy fence building in this July heat, I am prone to do so with this one. We'll see if I regret it.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I called mine, and they do not rent them. I appreciate the idea though. Most rental places I have called around here don't have one, and the one that did, wanted $180 per day on it.

Edit to add...found a local yelp reviewed guy that has 5 stars. Looks like he can come out Wed. I am not normally one who pays someone to do simple stuff like this, as I enjoy working with my hands, but after 3 grueling weeks of wood privacy fence building in this July heat, I am prone to do so with this one. We'll see if I regret it.

I'm not in round rock but if my company did it for you as long as you didn't have a million zones it would be $95
Gary79Ag
AG
Found mine with a metal detector!
Aggieangler93
AG
I called a guy with a small company (just one guy I think) called United Irrigation, and he came out and found all of them for me. While here he also noted that my controller was bad, not the valve I had suspected, and then also tweaked some of my rotor coverage. So I am all good now and out the door at $95. Thanks everyone.

If you need a recommendation for North Austin, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Georgetown, I would recommend them with 5 stars. He works very efficiently, for the hour.
Aggieangler93
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Aggieangler93 said:

I'm not in round rock but if my company did it for you as long as you didn't have a million zones it would be $95
Thanks for this info. Are you in the Houston area?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Thanks for this info. Are you in the Houston area?

Contrary to my username, I am in Fort Worth, however that doesn't mean I'm not in Houston/magnolia/crystal beach every other weekend with a wire tracer, etc in hand
aggiec05
AG
Can you come up to Southlake? I have a valve, I can't find, that won't seal consistently. I sent an email to your contact info on your profile.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.