Where to get AC Run Capacitor on a Sunday?

1,637 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
videoag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any ideas for North Houston areas?
Most local shops are closed until Monday.
ReelDeal
AG
What size are you looking for? I may have one. I live in Anderson.
UmustBKidding
I try and keep them for some units south college station.
Value and picture would be helpful. Assume it the condenser fan run cap?
Username
At
Conspiracy
.dot.
Net
videoag98
AG

Its a 70/7.5.

ReelDeal
AG
okay, I don't have any that big. I think the biggest I have would be a 55/7.5
videoag98
AG
Thanks for trying!
UmustBKidding
Ok that is a dual cap, and even most ac guys would not likely have on the truck. The 70 is likely the compressor start section, and the 7.5 is the condenser fan run cap. Typical you split them up to save the trip. The ones I have are 10 not 7.5 but probably would get you through the time top pick one up or ship to you.
Did you poke the fan with a stick to see if it will run?

videoag98
AG
Thanks, yea I was able to jump start it with a stick, but it is not running a full speed, and I have to go out there ever so often and kick it again. We have an upstairs unit that is working fine so we are just going to hang out there later today if it gets to hot downstairs. . I ordered the replacement on Amazon and it will be here tomorrow.
UmustBKidding
Order a contactor and spare cap for stock. I have a unit we pulled out that I changed the motor a few years ago if you want to check the specs on yours to see if compatible for free
jimbo457
Good morning, I found this thread while scouring the internet this morning trying to find a way to fix my ac unit. I'm not sleeping because it's about 86 degrees in here right now as my condenser unit isn't working. I've done some cursory research and snooping around the unit outside and I think it may be my capacitor. If anyone can give me any assistance or direct me to a location where I might be able to buy a capacitor that I need I'd be grateful. Based on the serial number of my condenser unit here's what the internet says I need... the label shows 40uf 7.5uf capacitor.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Where are you located?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.