Sprinkler Issue

942 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by water turkey
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went outside this morning and noticed my grass was crunchy. I turned my controller to on and it shows it running, but nothing. Normally, when you turn it on, you hear a thump when the pump kicks on.

What do you think happened? I assume the pump?

JP76
If no zones are working then probably an issue with the master valve assuming no one turned the manual shut off valve off on the system
water turkey
There is only 1zone. Is the master valve below ground?
JSKolache
AG
Hunter system? This happened to me last year when a 3-zone module went out. Screen showed the zones running but nothing happened in reality. I bought a new 3 zone module on amazon connected wires and plugged it in the panel, boom 5 minute fix.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Could be pump, could be wire, could be zone valve.
karmapoliceman
AG
Yes, your valves (master and/or zone) are likely below ground. They would be buried in some type of round or square box with a plastic lid that can be removed to access the valve.

If you can find the valve, you can manually open it by turning it to see if that turns your sprinklers on. If it does, that means the controller is not turning on the valve for some reason. It could be an issue with the wiring between the two or the valve itself may not be responding to the electronic command. In either case, you could water the yard by manually opening the valve until it is fixed.

If you manually open the zone valve, and the sprinklers don't start, it means you have an issue with the water flow upstream of the valve. It could be at your master valve if you have one (similar to the zone valve issue described above) or could be farther upstream such as at the PVB (bell-shaped metal piece with pipes and valves that sticks up out of the ground - likely near the house).
mAgnoliAg
AG
If there's water to your zone valve (water on and master valve if there is one, open), and you try to manually open bleeder screw on zone valve and it does not turn on, then the zone valve needs to be replaced.
water turkey
Confirmed master valve. Replaced it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.