Baseboards

1,552 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by A New Hope
A New Hope
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry for complete newbie question. Just bought a house. Some of the baseboards and trim around the Interior doors Is damaged or missing.

How do I find trim that matches? Homedepot? Or are there specialty stores that sell it? Do I just take a piece of baseboard with me and they match it?

Sorry. I'm stupid.
Bob_Ag
AG
If it looks like standard variety trim, Lowes or Home Depot will likely have it. They may even have it pre-primed.

If its just small sections, it may be worth it to buy an oscillating saw and just cut out the damaged parts. A dremel may work as well. Much better than having to replace long runs and mitering joints. When you replace it, just fill the seam with caulk and run a wet finger over it to flatten it out.
JP76
Can you post a picture of the profiles ?
aggiedent
AG
1. Look at your trim (or take a phone pic) then go online looking for a match.

2. It is possible Home Depot or Lowe's may carry it.

3. Yes there are speciality stores that carry lots of different base boards.

4. You can take a small piece to confirm it's a match, but I'd focus looking online first.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Whoop Delecto
AG
maverick12
AG
I had good luck matching trim at Bison in Houston. Looks like it is now BMC. I don't have any experience with them, but maybe worth checking.
A New Hope
WhoopRAB said:

Can you take pieces from inside a closet to replace damaged sections? Replace inside closet with some close.
Good idea. Appreciate everyone's advice. With the stupid virus, I'm trying to work on stuff I wouldn't otherwise have time to do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.