Water heater install price check

2,063 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CAR96
CAR96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A 40 gal gas hot water heater short, Rheem, installed in a small tight attic behind a 15 foot HVAC unit priced at 2085. With a 12 month club service at 109.00 included to cut down service fees to 29 a trip on any plumbing issue in the house. Not sure that is needed. So call it a install fee at 1800-1900 without club member service fees.
evan_aggie
AG
A little high if they are just replacing an existing one.
Picard
AG
Why are you heating water that's already hot?

Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
just replaced our water heater last week...Rheem tall 55 gal with leak detector and shut off...think the heater was about $700 and so was installation. We had an estimate that ran $2100 just for installation so hubby called a couple of other places and surprise surprise the prices varied greatly!

Installation included pan and all the new valves, tubing....they supplied everything needed except the actual heater and they picked it up and brought to house plus hauled off old one
02skiag
AG
Sounds high to me, unless that is a high end unit. About 1.5 years ago I had a 50 gal gas unit installed in my attic for right around $1000. It may have been $1100 but no more than that.
shihitemuslim
AG
I was told that it matters where the heater is located and. Mine was in an attic in the second floor. It cost that much
MGS
Just did a 50 gal Rheem gas heater in the garage for $1400 a couple of months ago.
CAR96
AG
Was able to get a 40 gallon Bradford White installed for $1200 in attic behind HVAC unit. $800 less than first estimate. Could have got the help of a friend to swap out the old one but didn't want to go that route with the virus going around. Stimulus check is going to cover it, thanks USA and bought USA made.
Ferg
I paid 3K last year but it was a Sunday. Two flights of stairs plus attic, behind the HVACs,$600 of code upgrades.
Texker
AG
Just had this done in December when water heater failed Christmas Eve. Hooray! It was $1500 all-in including leak stop for 50 gallon Rheem. First floor hall install.
12thAngryMan
AG
Got ours replaced last year for ~$1150. Ours is on the third floor vs. the attic, but it was a 55 gallon unit. If you're in Houston, I'd recommend Jim at Pro Plumber. He was no nonsense, responsive, did a good job, and much cheaper than the competition I got quotes from.
CAR96
AG
Yep, Jim Brown at Pro Plumber...sent out one his guys who only installs water heaters. Price was standard and upfront and didn't try to sell me on anything else. I recommend them as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.