Quarantine Home Repair/Maintenance Thread

9,233 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CFTXAG10
jamesf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sellthefarm said:

Can you post a pic from the back showing the structure? I've been thinking about redoing ours and haven't decided how I want to do it.
A lot of my plan followed a series of Youtube videos found here. Especially the way they built the gate was much simpler than other ways I have done it in the past. I used all cedar except for the 4x4 pressure-treated fence posts. I clad the posts in cedar and gave it a little top cap just to make it look a little nicer. This fence shows up pretty prominently in both my front and back yard, so I put a little more money into it to make it look nicer than I would a regular fence.

Canyon99
Just finished a new dresser.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
We have repainted almost our entire interior in preparation for new carpet to be installed hopefully this week. Replaced some caulk around windows that was beginning to show mold. Replaced exterior door sweeps. A couple other projects in progress waiting for some parts on order.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Wife and I are still working, so not much is getting done around the house. Our only day off together is Sunday, so it's a family day/work day. The rest of the time it's work or watching a 3yo. Luckily, today I got to take a few hours out and do something I've been meaning to for awhile.

First off, took a few minutes out to lay out some tarps in the backyard and set up a kiddie pool under our folding canopy to keep the little one entertained. Then I went into the attic and added some doubled up 2x8 blocking above the ceiling, then added 400lb anchor points below (wanted 1000lb but no one had them in stock when I went shopping) to hang a hammock in the kiddo's room. She's been enjoying laying in a blanket suspended between my legs while we read stories in the glider in her room, so I figured she'd love a hammock. Spoiler alert, she does.

Took me longer than you'd expect because one of the anchor points needed to be in the far corner of her room, which is also the corner of the house. Getting anything over there and working in the tight space was a PITA, but it was worth it. She about exploded with excitement when we put her in it. Then she got mom in and covered her in stuffed animals.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Almost done with my mobile chicken coop

Gary79Ag
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Almost done with my mobile chicken coop

Mobile chicken coop, WTF, it's fryers, not flyers you're supposed to be producing...
Hoyt Ag
AG
Lol

My chickens and dog live better lives than most humans. What can I say.....
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Almost finished up a Paulk Workbench this weekend. I'm still drilling dog holes in the top and will need to give it a good sanding when I'm done.
CFTXAG10
AG
So far I have: treated the yard for insects and added fertilizer, mulched all the landscaping, power washed front/back side to side, re-caulked the tubs and showers, added new slow close toilet seats to all three bathrooms, and this past weekend I did some demo work in the garage to open up the space a little bit more and re-organize it.

Question on my next project I plan to tackle:

I am currently researching some things I can do in my garage to maybe bring the heat down a little bit during the Summer. It is not finished. Prior owner used it as a workshop and apparently never cleaned it. There was sawdust all over the damn place that took a long a** time to shopvac when we moved in a few years ago.

Question for my fellow Corona Project Managers: Is there anything short of finishing the garage with insulation/sheetrock/fans/etc. that I can do to cool the garage down other than fans? Currently its just bare studs and the door is not insulated either. My neighbor has some kind of silver foam insulation that looks interesting. Open to any ideas. TIA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.