Nebia Showerhead

2,239 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hph6203
DeLaHonta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nebia.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nebia/nebia-by-moen-our-most-advanced-and-accessible-shower?ref=2ml9t8

Any of you use a Nebia showerhead or a similar misting type showerhead? It seems intriguing, but I can't find much online in the way of unpaid reviews or reviews from people not purely obsessed with the water savings. It's funded by Tim Cook and some other big names.
TMoney2007
AG
"Like taking a shower in HD" is some marketing BS which turns me off. Making the installation super easy isn't that appealing to me because I don't expect to change it that often.

It looks something like Delta H2O Kinetic spray nozzles.

If it is going to be available through regular retail channels after the kickstarter, I would just do that. You'll get way more reviews and I'm not a big fan of kickstarter, especially when a major manufacturer uses it to cover their up front costs.

It's a head and a hand shower. I don't expect that it is a magical experience like they want you to think...
DeLaHonta
AG
Not really looking for a magical shower experience, but I'm wondering how the mist feels compared to a normal shower. AKA, I'm assuming it's worse, but how much worse is it? The water savings are what's of interest to me.
TMoney2007
AG
No idea. I've used a Delta H2O Kinetic shower head and it felt stronger than other low flow shower heads I've used. It's not a misting head though.

I don't understand why super tiny droplets are supposed to be so much better. I'd be concerned about getting replacement parts in the future though.
Furlock Bones
AG
that looks like a terrible experience. 3-5 minute normal shower. or a 30 minutes to get the soap off from a "misting" shower.
lb3
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
First, water is cheap. Screw saving it. Let Namibia worry about that mess.

Next, straight down shower heads suck. No way to stand there and soap up your arms and legs without water getting in your eyes. Angled is a much better way to go.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Seeing a big brand like Moen 'partner' with this startup to put It on Kickstarter rubs me the wrong way. Can I go after Moen if this doesn't deliver?

Also, screw saving water for a shower. I want a nice stupid high flow shower head that has a removable restrictor to increase its gpm.
TMoney2007
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Seeing a big brand like Moen 'partner' with this startup to put It on Kickstarter rubs me the wrong way. Can I go after Moen if this doesn't deliver?
My main issue is that Moen has all the capital it needs to just license this tech and release the product themselves, but they go through kickstarter to eliminate all of their financial risk.

I'm also concerned about returns and service...
one MEEN Ag
AG
Completely agree. Kickstarter is generally where bad ideas go to get money and scam people. I don't like that big brands are trying to leverage it instead of using their own capital.

Moen probably also thinks this is a loser of an idea. as well. Looks like Moen is willing to offer engineering and manufacturing support, but won't take on the capital risk until it's proven to have market support.
htxag09
AG
Kickstarter, GoFundMe, etc, are all getting out of hand.

A local restaurant started a GoFundMe to open a second location. I mean, what the hell. I don't know if I was more annoyed with the restaurant or the dumb asses that actually gave money.
BrazosDog02
AG
Things that turn me off when buying a shower head:

"Misting"
"Half the water"
"Easy to install"
"Starting at $160" < W. T. F.

This seems like something Greta Thunberg should be the spokesperson for. This is America. The land of over indulgence and excess. We want lots of water for showers. We want to flush terds with the force of 1,000 geysers, we want our clothes cleaned with old water hogging washing machines that do their jobs.
expresswrittenconsent
Oh it's just a marketing ploy to get idiots to say "mericuh" and buy high flow shower heads?
TexAg1987
Quote:

Pledge without a reward
$ 10
Back it because you believe in it.
Support the project for no reward, just because it speaks to you.
no thanks.

Quote:

Pledge US$ 1 or more
Join the movement. Every drop counts!
Even small contributions matter.
Help us revolutionize the shower industry and follow our journey through project updates. Help us get closer to 1 billion gallons of water saved by 2021
INCLUDES:
  • Special thanks!

Still no.

Quote:

Pledge US$ 160 or more
Nebia by Moen Rainshower
Get the Nebia by Moen Rainshower for $40 off the retail price ($199).

Now also compatible with waist-high European water outlets.
INCLUDES:
  • Nebia by Moen Rainshower
Read more...
ESTIMATED DELIVERYMay 2020
SHIPS TOAnywhere in the world

(Shipping to the US is $21 btw)
lol. do I look stupid?

Quote:

Pledge $199 or more
Nebia by Moen Combo
Get the Nebia by Moen Combo for $70 off the retail price ($269). Includes the Nebia by Moen Rainshower and the signature magnetic Wand.
Now also compatible with waist-high European water outlets.
INCLUDES:
  • Nebia by Moen Rainshower
  • Nebia by Moen Wand

$39 more than the last offer for $30 more in savings.
Would be cheaper to vote democrat.
Aggietaco
AG
Now, I don't disagree that a major company doing a kickstarter is dumb, but the price isn't anywhere near out of line with high end fixtures, the ship date of May 2020 is less lead time than you'll see on some Euro spec stuff, and the second tier purchasing deal is more savings on a combo, not just the showerhead, so...
TexAg1987
Aggietaco said:

Now, I don't disagree that a major company doing a kickstarter is dumb, but the price isn't anywhere near out of line with high end fixtures, the ship date of May 2020 is less lead time than you'll see on some Euro spec stuff, and the second tier purchasing deal is more savings on a combo, not just the showerhead, so...
Yeah, I guess I was reading the offers wrong. My bad.

I was reading it that you would donate for the right to buy cheaper at a later date.

I stand corrected.
hph6203
AG
This is a Kickstarter thing, not a Moen thing. Kickstarter likes to go back to their few success stories and have them launch new products on their platform so that people will still think that it's a viable path to production/success for large market products. This thing was gonna get made with our without Kickstarter it's just that I'm sure Kickstarter is providing some form of incentive to both companies and the shower head gets more buzz by being on Kickstarter than on a shelf at some home product Expo/Home Depot. The $60.00 price cut just comes out of their marketing budget.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.