Electric Outdoor Patio Heater recos

1,341 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieSam02
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having 2 20amp circuits installed in our new build on the patio for some overhead electric heaters.

Anyone have these? Suggestions or recommendations? There are a million different brands and versions.

TYIA
KarlAg05
AG
I'm curious as well as I'm in a similar situation. I am debating on running gas instead of the 220s. For electric, I'm looking into Infratech. My neighbor has a couple that do a good job.
ChoppinDs40
AG
KarlAg05 said:

I'm curious as well as I'm in a similar situation. I am debating on running gas instead of the 220s. For electric, I'm looking into Infratech. My neighbor has a couple that do a good job.

I eliminated gas due to the cost and pain of installation.

They can put out 45k BTUs but at $2500 each...

I'm looking at Infratech as well.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I pre-wired for Infratech on our new build. We haven't purchased the heaters. That'll likely be ahead of next winter.

I hope to hell the electrician's got it right. Getting actionable info from Infotech to provide to my builder was a challenge. In hindsight I should have just pointed to the infratech heaters I wanted and had the builder aquire and install them - then I know it would have been done correctly from the get-go.
AggieSam02
AG
We sell infratech. Make sure they run dedicated 30amp 220v for the 6000 watt which is really all we sell. If you are going with the duplex switch make sure they pay attention to the wiring diagram for the switch if you want the ability to run them on half power (one filament versus both).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.