Basketball goals

1,668 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Picard
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in a neighborhood that does not allow basketball goals in the driveway. We have looked at doing a portable and rolling it into the backyard, but I hate the idea of that monstrosity sitting on my grass. I am wanting to look at putting in a permanent goal, but with some sort of pin mechanism to hold it in place.

Has anyone seen or done something like this?
AtlAg05
AG
If they don't allow goals where are you planning on putting it? And what would you need to pin it to?
HeightsAg
They sell in ground sleeves but they aren't meant for frequent removal but I suppose you could if you wanted to. But this is precisely why HOAs effing suck. So much ridiculousness.
Greeze06
AG
Using a pin and relocating it will be so much more of a pita than a portable.
Martin Cash
AG
Reason number 1,593,826 to NEVER buy a home in a subdivision with an HOA.
flown-the-coop
AG
Removed post as I was snarky and provided no solution. I do think the HOA sucks comments are misguided as well though.
double aught
AG
Why would people be against basketball hoops?
Picard
AG
double aught said:

Because they've gotten too old to remember what it's like to be young and not bitter at the way their life turned out.

The Collective
AG
Picard said:

double aught said:

Because they've gotten too old to remember what it's like to be young and not bitter at the way their life turned out.

I assume the reason is they are worried their neighbor will leave an aging basketball goal sitting in the driveway, and it will trash up the whole place ushering in drugs and crime.
Picard
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Picard said:

double aught said:

I assume the reason is they are worried their neighbor will leave an aging basketball goal sitting in the driveway, and it will trash up the whole place ushering in drugs and crime.

Found the HOA board member

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.