Outdoor kitchen cutting board question

946 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by flown-the-coop
busdriver88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am getting mixed messages when I try to research this topic, and thought I would come to the experts....

I have a old, but nice wooden cutting board that years ago my wife and I mounted on an old sewing table when we wanted an "island" in our kitchen. We were broke as spokes and thought this was the end all!

Thirty years later, I am building an outdoor kitchen, and want to incorporate this board as part of the kitchen. It will be under a cover, so direct sunlight will not be an issue. However, it is going to get wet from time to time.

Ideally I would find something that is food safe that will protect the board from the elements.

I appreciate any input.

There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
Mookie
AG
Why don't you buy a plastic cover for it?
flown-the-coop
AG
Outdoor wood cutting board that may get wet from time to time?

I would probably treat it with bat guano, rabid squirrel guts, and snake feces to be sure I didn't get some weird disease like corona-virus or something.

Seriously though, other than an outdoor wood food prep surface being a bad idea, I would just cover it with plastic as mentioned. If you want it to be an aesthetic, I would sand it, stain it, seal it and just serve off it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.