ICP - Day and Night

1,410 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Ernest Tucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my Dad is asking for my advice about a new HVAC system called "Day and Night" and hell, I don't know, so I'm asking you. Anybody have experience with this system? Would you recommend it for the quote below?
My dad is a disabled veteran on a fixed income so I don't want to steer him wrong!

"Day and Night .... 4 ton 15 seer heat pump... new thermostats... clean drain line... 10 year parts warranty on air handler and heat pump... new emergency pan and float switch... He said Day and Night is manufactured by ICP (International Comfort Products) identical to Carrier... $7,961.00 .... OK do your research magic.. What do you think?l
txag2008
AG
ICP also makes Comfort Maker. I'm not an HVAC expert, but I've never heard of Night & Day. I don't see a reason to pay $2k/ton for a no name mfg.

That being said, the installer means just as much if not more than the mfg.
EMY92
AG
Day & Night, Payne, Bryant, etc are all made in the same factories. They usually sell the various brands in different parts of the country where that brand began and has name recognition.

They will be the same product with different name tags.
Vernada
AG
brd79 said:

my Dad is asking for my advice about a new HVAC system called "Day and Night" and hell, I don't know, so I'm asking you. Anybody have experience with this system? Would you recommend it for the quote below?
My dad is a disabled veteran on a fixed income so I don't want to steer him wrong!

"Day and Night .... 4 ton 15 seer heat pump... new thermostats... clean drain line... 10 year parts warranty on air handler and heat pump... new emergency pan and float switch... He said Day and Night is manufactured by ICP (International Comfort Products) identical to Carrier... $7,961.00 .... OK do your research magic.. What do you think?l
how does this compare to the other quotes he has?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
I was in the ICP factory last Spring and basically at the very end someone puts X sticker on each system, then puts it inside X box. Supply Chains/ Regions are different as well as marketing.

Depending on Duct work/ actual work required is what varies. You can pretty much goggle most prices on equipment

Big manufactures aren't creative enough / desire enough innovation to change things up just a whole lot. Also, when buying a million parts/ pounds of something - it gets used pretty universal and there's really one main process inside each factory.

Ernest Tucker
AG
Thank you for all the insights and I will pass them on to my pop. Not sure how many quotes he is getting, but this was the one that he was most interested in.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
- Just in case someone clicked on this thread and thought of the " Day N' Nite " song

Maybe I can start my Blue Star Collection..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.