Ceiling Paint Color

1,609 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schwack schwack
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you prefer to paint your ceiling:

1. The same color as the walls
2. A lighter version of the wall color
3. White (even if the walls are not white)
4. Other

Also, do you choose different options for different rooms in your house?
jtraggie99
AG
My ceilings are all white, and I prefer it that way. When I bought my house some of the ceilings were the same color as the walls. I prefer the contrast. Oh, walls are mostly some shade of gray.
Scriffer
AG
We did 50% dilution on the ceiling from the wall colors, mostly gray. Sort of thing I would never notice, but I've been told it looks nice.
ags2007
AG
I think it is all a matter of preference, but my ceilings are painted to match my walls and I like it. I was told by an interior designer friend that it makes the room feel bigger.
TMoney2007
AG
ags2007 said:

I think it is all a matter of preference, but my ceilings are painted to match my walls and I like it. I was told by an interior designer friend that it makes the room feel bigger.
I don't know about it making the room feel bigger. Usually something lighter up top is what does that.

I usually paint the ceilings flat white. If I didn't do that, I would do a lighter shade of the wall color.

It's just preference though. If its a rent house, or you're selling it soon, go white. No one ever complained about that.
kb2001
AG
Ceiling should be white, it helps light the room up, and makes it feel bigger. If you don't want to do white, make sure it is a very, very light shade of whatever color you want. Lighter is better for ceilings.
schwack schwack
AG
We went the unconventional route on one of our rentals: in the rooms with 11' ceilings we went dark to cozy up the rooms & in the lower ceiling rooms we went white.

[]

evan_aggie
AG
TMoney2007 said:

ags2007 said:

I don't know about it making the room feel bigger. Usually something lighter up top is what does that.

I usually paint the ceilings flat white. If I didn't do that, I would do a lighter shade of the wall color.

It's just preference though. If its a rent house, or you're selling it soon, go white. No one ever complained about that.

Our walls and ceilings are white. We add color with furniture, art, plants, decor. The ceiling is a flat sheen and walls are a satin.
TMoney2007
AG
That laundry room door is cool. Did you make it?
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

That laundry room door is cool. Did you make it?

The door is original to the house, built in 1899. We closed in a side porch for the laundry room. We stuck some of that frosted window film stuff on it & got the vinyl sticker that says "Laundry" online from Etsy. Easy to do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.