Houston Concrete Contractor

1,776 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TMoney2007
Post removed:
by user
TMoney2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This pretty much mirrors everything I've experienced so far.

I don't have a concrete sub I've worked with that I'm particularly happy with...
Vgrainger
AG
Hello. My company, Envision Renovations, has done quite a few concrete projects and stamping/staining for TexAgs users and would be happy to meet with you to take a look at this. Please give us a call at 713-425-3799 to set up a free estimate. Also please feel free to check us out on our Facebook page or EnvisionYourHome.com. Thanks, Vince Grainger, Class of '08.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
TMoney:
Sounds like you have a fair amount of experience with them. Specific complaints or just no glowing recommendations?
Thanks & Gig 'Em
GE
AG
We'll be doing a patio later this year. May do it myself with flagstone or hire stamped concrete. Interested to see how yours turns out and what costs look like
TMoney2007
AG
ThreatLevel: Midnight said:

TMoney:
Sounds like you have a fair amount of experience with them. Specific complaints or just no glowing recommendations?
One I used did a terrible job laying an interior slab down flat...

One didn't pack the ground correctly, so the driveway has subsided over time.

One did a good job but wasted a ton of time and apparently tried to intimidate my mother, which didn't work well for him.

The main problem (which isn't their fault) is that it's hard to get a concrete contractor to come out to do a smaller job. It's frequently more trouble than it's worth for them.
SweaterVest
AG
The utility district has flagged and painted a line through the easement between the sidewalk and street on my street (Houston). It looks like they are planning on tearing through the front portion of the driveways they cross. I've been thinking about having a new driveway poured but but unfortunately the line stops right at the corner of my driveway. Y'all think I'd have any luck finding out the crew that is going to do the repair work in the area and contract them to demo and redo mine while they are out there?
TMoney2007
AG
One of the trucks should have the contractors name on it. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Talking to the crew directly could get them in trouble, but they may be willing to do the demo and the form work on a weekend (if they're not scheduled to work weekends already).
SweaterVest
AG
Thanks. Right now my driveway is two strips with black strar gravel in between them. I like it but my wife wants a full driveway and turnaround spot in the yard since we live on a busy street.
shihitemuslim
AG
Rick Hendricks

Dr. Venkman
AG
Sasappis said:

There was someone on here a year or two ago looking for work on the side with his crews. I cannot find that thread. I had one of the big names out and they certainly know what they are doing but were way high in my opinion.
https://texags.com/forums/61/topics/2944131

Michael Newman, 832-453-2676

He did a slab for me. Good job and price. Also did a friend's backyard patio.
flown-the-coop
AG
I have a residential concrete company but we almost exclusively do new construction. As others have mentioned, the small jobs are just not economical. Also, for normal turnkey guys adding in things like stamped concrete, colored concrete or Ardex makes the price jump up dramatically. The labor guys we have just do not want to mess with it.

Post back if you get pricing from the recommendations above. Folks can always chime on on whether the quote seems too low, too high or just right.
Post removed:
by user
Ikanizer
AG
I'm in the middle of a pool deck replacement and addition of a couple of sidewalks. Total 1600 sq ft. Pea gravel finish. Concrete work is $6/sq ft. I got several quotes. Rural Washington county. So far so good. Demo done forms set.
TMoney2007
AG
This is going to be great reference if we keep putting in recommendations and experiences.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.