dishwasher leak repair

1,133 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gary79Ag
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our dishwasher is leaking a bit. It's only 7 years old, whirlpool gold, WDT910 series

The water is coming out of this little white plastic thing (called 'motor, diverter valve' on partswarehouse.com), but after taking it apart, it doesn't seem water would actually leak FROM this piece; more like it's leaking above it and it's just falling through the hole in this plastic part

video of the leak in action. drip is right at beginning and at end
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/72urrdxn6mua1ib/2019-11-13%2012.00.58.mov

A few pics of the white thing

and after it's removed (this is looking up through the bottom of DW, it's laying on its side.)

It's the 6th section down
https://www.partswarehouse.com/Whirlpool-WDT910SAYM1-Undercounter-Dishwasher-s/149043.htm

part 14.

Any idea on how easy of a fix here? Maybe just a loose hose connection? I really don't want to drop $700 on a new one. Shouldn't these things last more than 7?

The white part is like $60, the sump is $70 and sump + motor assembly, basically the whole bottom of this DW, is $180.
Gary79Ag
AG
Contact the good folks at appliancepartspros.com to get their expert input into resolving your issue...click on the "chat with a pro" link in the upper left hand corned of their website.

AppliancePartsPros
ftworthag02
AG
I would think the issue would be with #1, does it have a rubber gasket?
62strat
AG
Gary79Ag said:

Contact the good folks at appliancepartspros.com to get their expert input into resolving your issue...click on the "chat with a pro" link in the upper left hand corned of their website.

AppliancePartsPros
They had a video that shows exactly what I need to do (and the comments describe my situation).
But they were out of stock. Found the part for same price with 3 day shipping from repairclinic.com

$85.. let's hope it fixes the problem. If not, I can return so I'm only out $10x2 for shipping.
Gary79Ag
AG
62strat said:

Gary79Ag said:

AppliancePartsPros
They had a video that shows exactly what I need to do (and the comments describe my situation).
But they were out of stock. Found the part for same price with 3 day shipping from repairclinic.com

$85.. let's hope it fixes the problem. If not, I can return so I'm only out $10x2 for shipping.
That's awesome, glad my recommendation worked out, but I'm not surprised as they've helped me in many situations with various appliance repairs, etc. It's unfortunate that they are out of stock as it would not cost you a dime if their part didn't resolve the issue.

In a case several years ago as I was selling my house and the fridge quick working and I needed to perform an expedited repair, they recommended that I purchase 3 circuit card assemblies and told me the order to replace the parts to effect repair. Sure enough the 1st part resolved my issue and I returned the other 2 for a full refund, including the shipping costs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.