Installing Zoysia in November/December?

1,305 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
lawless89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Located in Fort Worth. My landscaper is putting in a new flagstone patio and regrading the yard along with some drainage work. He's going to use a sod cutter to remove all the old crap weeds/grass and going to be putting in Zoysia. Is that safe to do with it this cold/dormant? Read some online that it's fine, but I'm still kind of weary. How much do I water?

Any experience from anyone on this?
shihitemuslim
AG
We are getting our zoysia in November December for a new build and we have one of the top landscaping companies doing it in houston. It will be under warranty so I guess it's ok.
Courtesy Flush
AG
We just put in Zoysia Pallisades at our home in Houston last week ahead of the rain so I am hopeful ours should be off to a good start.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Preference is to do this 30-60 days before a freeze, but it should be fine. Water it enough at first so that it's nice and mushy, then water it enough so that it constantly stays nice and damp 24/7 for a few weeks. Then after 2-3 weeks, you can gradually back off. In warmer times of year, that oftentimes means watering a few times per day. But that time of year, you may be able to get away with once a day, if that. There's not really a measurement to give you, just go by feel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.